Air Fryer Croutons
Air Fryer Croutons are so easy and quick to make at home! Ready in under 10 minutes, perfectly seasoned, and crunchy with a chewy interior.
- 8 oz bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
Cut the bread into 3/4-inch cubes with a serrated knife. You should have about 4-5 cups.
Toss the bread with the oil and the seasoning in a large mixing bowl.
Add to the Air Fryer Basket and air fry at 380 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 5-7 minutes. Shake every 2 minutes to ensure even browning.
Serve immediately or spread out on a paper-towel-lined baking sheet.
- The bread should be day-old but not stale for the best texture. You can also use fresh bread.
- A loaf of crusty bread works best! For example, baguette, sourdough, or french bread.
- Use your favorite seasonings! We use oregano and garlic for seasoning because it goes with everything from salads to soups but seasoned salt, dried parsley, onion powder, Italian seasoning, or any other seasoning also works well.
- You can leave the crust on or cut it off if you prefer.
- Depending on your Air Fryer you might have to preheat it for the best result. Cooking times can also vary depending on your Air Fryer.
- Homemade croutons make a great topping for salads and soups but also a great snack.
- To make bread for stuffing and bread puddings, leave out the oil and seasoning and follow the same method to dry out the bread.
- Leftover croutons can be stored in an air-tight container and stay fresh for about a week. Make sure they have cooled to room temperature before storing them to keep the croutons crispy.
Calories: 292kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 334mg | Potassium: 87mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 6IU | Vitamin C: 0.01mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg