Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
This Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole is the perfect dish to use leftovers! A delicious breakfast bake or strata made with bread, cheese, and ham that will become your family's favorite.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 7 cups Italian bread cubes 1 inch/2cm
- 1 cup ham cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley divided
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated Cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 400°.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, salt, and pepper.
Stir in the bread until evenly moistened, then stir in the ham cubes, cheese cubes, and 2 tbsp chopped parsley. Let sit for 10 minutes
Butter a 10" skillet or a 10" square baking pan and pour in the mixture. Sprinkle the grated Cheddar cheese on top.
Bake for about 25 minutes, until puffed and golden. Let cool slightly, sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve.