Cheesy Bacon and Caramelized Onion Dip
This Cheesy Bacon and Caramelized Onion Dip is sure to be a huge hit at your next party! A hot, creamy dip made with sweet onions, crispy bacon, and cheese that is so fast to make.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 10 people
- 1/2 cup crispy bacon crumbled (see note 1)
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup caramelized onions (see note 2)
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 round cob bread (see note 3)
- crackers to serve
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). You can make this dip in a baking dish or in a bread bowl.
In a large bowl combine bacon, cream cheese, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, caramelized onions, and 3/4 of the shredded cheese. Season to taste with kosher salt and black pepper.
If making this in a baking dish: Spread into a baking dish, sprinkle with remaining cheese.
If making this in a bread bowl: Use a knife to cut a circle on the top of the loaf then remove enough bread to make a bowl. Spread the dip into the bowl and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbly and golden. Serve warm so it's nice and creamy.
- To make crispy bacon: Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and arrange the bacon in a single layer. Bake for about 12-20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Cooking time varies depending on the thickness of your bacon. Place cooked bacon on paper towels.
- To make caramelized onions: Place a skillet over medium heat and melt one tablespoon butter. Add about 1 cup diced onions to the pan and stir gently to coat with butter. Check the onions every 5 to 10 minutes. When the onions are golden and smell caramelized deglaze the pan with one tablespoon of water.
- Because cob bread varies in size, put the excess dip in a heatproof bowl. Perfect for taste testing :-)