Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins are so moist and delicious! They're a great way to use up zucchini, freezer friendly, and make an easy breakfast or snack.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100g)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (50g)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (120ml)
- 1/4 cup milk (60ml)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (190g)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini about 1 medium
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (160g)
Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
In a large bowl combine egg, sugars, oil, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. (I use a large measuring cup for this)
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Don't overmix!
Fold in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean with only a few crumbs attached.
Let the muffin cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or freeze for up to 3 months.