Blueberry Bread is super easy and quick to make from scratch! This moist quick bread is loaded with fresh blueberries and topped with a sprinkle of sugar for some crunch. A perfect quick breakfast for busy mornings that the whole family will love!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 Tbsp sugar
Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C). Grease and flour an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Stir milk, oil, egg, and vanilla extract into flour mixture until batter is just blended.
Combine washed and dried blueberries with 1 tsp of flour and gently fold them into the batter. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle one tablespoon of sugar over the batter.
Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Always measure your flour correctly! Don’t scoop the flour! Spoon flour into your measuring cup and level it off with the back of a knife. Too much flour can make the bread dense and dry.
- If you like sweeter bread you can increase the amount of sugar to 3/4 cup. My family prefers it with 1/2 cup!
- For the best result let the blueberries come to room temperature before adding them to the batter.
- Dry the blueberries thoroughly after washing them.
- Don’t overmix the batter! Mix just until the dry ingredients are moistened, about 15 light strokes with a spatula. It’s ok if there are some small lumps. Overmixing can cause the bread to be tough and bake unevenly.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter gently to minimize streaking. A silicone spatula works best for this.
- Frozen Blueberries: Don’t let them thaw! Add the frozen berries directly from the freezer to the batter and try to be super gentle while folding them in to minimize streaking. Baking time will be slightly longer.
Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 200mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 70IU | Vitamin C: 2.7mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 1.4mg