Blueberry Bread is super easy and quick to make from scratch! This moist quick bread is loaded with fresh blueberries and topped with a sprinkle of sugar for some crunch. A perfect quick breakfast for busy mornings that the whole family will love!
The perfect, easy, and moist Blueberry Bread
This is the BEST and easiest one-bowl Blueberry Quick Bread you’ll ever make! Made with 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries this recipe bakes up into a deliciously soft and moist treat that tastes great as a dessert after dinner but also makes a quick breakfast.
You can whip up this easy recipe in less than 10 minutes and you don’t even need a mixer! The batter is just thick enough to prevent the berries from sinking to the bottom of the pan (which I hate!) so that you get a bread that’s studded with juicy blueberries all the way.
Another great thing about this Blueberry Muffin Bread is that it keeps fresh for days and can also be frozen. Perfect for busy school mornings!
Tips and Tricks for Making the BEST Homemade Blueberry Bread
- Always measure your flour correctly! Don’t scoop the flour! Spoon flour into your measuring cup and level it off with the back of a knife. Too much flour can make the bread dense and dry.
- For the best result let the blueberries come to room temperature before adding them to the batter.
- Dry the blueberries thoroughly after washing them.
- Don’t overmix the batter! Mix just until the dry ingredients are moistened, about 15 light strokes with a spatula. It’s ok if there are some small lumps. Overmixing can cause the bread to be tough and bake unevenly.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter gently to minimize streaking. A silicone spatula works best for this.
Can I use frozen blueberries to make Blueberry Quick Bread?
Yes, you can use frozen blueberries in this recipe. Don’t let them thaw! Add the frozen berries directly from the freezer to the batter and try to be super gently while folding them in to minimize streaking.
How to store Blueberry Bread?
Let the bread cool completely then put it in a big enough plastic container or resealable plastic bag that’s lined with a sheet of paper towel. Put another sheet on top and seal the container. This way the bread keeps fresh and moist for up to 4 days at room temperature.
If you want to store the bread longer cut it into slices and put it into a resealable freezer bag. The bread will keep fresh for up to 3 months. To defrost let the slices come to room temperature then reheat in the oven or microwave if desired.
Tools used to make this Blueberry Bread
Loaf Pan: I really like this loaf pan because it has a non-stick coating that really works and it is easy to clean.
Vanilla Extract: BEST Vanilla Extract!
Mixing Bowls: These glass mixing bowls are super sturdy and come with lids!
Want to try this easy Blueberry Bread Recipe?
PIN IT TO YOUR BAKING BOARD TO SAVE IT OR SHARE ON FACEBOOK!
Follow Plated Cravings on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C). Grease and flour an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Stir milk, oil, egg, and vanilla extract into flour mixture until batter is just blended.
- Flour washed and dried blueberries with 1 tsp of flour and gently fold them into the batter. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle one tablespoon of sugar over the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!