Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Chicken Wings are so crispy and delicious without using any extra oil! Cooking Chicken Wings in an Air Fryer instead of deep frying them makes them healthier and clean up easier. They are ready in only 30 minutes and so easy to make!
Air Fryer Wings are extra crispy without any added oil, baking powder, or potato starch! To make this easy recipe you just need two ingredients, fresh (or frozen) chicken wings, and your favorite sauce. The air fried wings are so crispy on the outside but still juicy and tender on the inside. You’ll never believe these weren’t cooked in a deep fryer!
Cooking wings in an Air Fryer saves calories because you don’t need to add any oil and all the excess oil from the wings drips into the pan but the wings taste as good as deep fried. Baking wings in the oven often makes them dry or adds extra steps like tossing with baking powder to get them crispy, making them in an Air Fryer results in super crispy but still juicy wings without the hassle.
These air fried chicken wings will probably be the simplest and most amazing wings you’ll ever make! Perfect for Game Day Parties or any day.
Tips and Tricks for making Air Fried Crispy Chicken Wings
- Cooking the wings for 26 minutes at a lower temperature allows the fat under the skin to slowly break apart, the last 6 minutes at a higher temperature crisp up skin for extra crunch.
- You don’t need to use baking powder when using an Air Fryer. The wings will get crispy without it!
- Toss the wings in your favorite sauce! Because the sauce is added after the wings are completely cooked you can add different sauces. My hubby likes it spicy so we always toss one part of the wings in Buffalo sauce and the other with a mild BBQ sauce like Sweet Baby Rays.
- Food with a high-fat content like chicken wings can make your Philips Air Fryer start to develop white smoke. This happens when splatters hit the heating element, it doesn’t harm your Air Fryer or the food that’s inside but it is annoying. To minimize the smoking stop the air fryer when it starts to smoke, take out the basket, and use paper towels to soak up the oil that’s in the pan then start the cooking process again.
Can you cook frozen chicken wings in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen wings in an Air Fryer. Just cook the wings 5 minutes longer at 390°F, before increasing the temperature for the last 6 minutes.
How long to air fry chicken wings
Chicken Wings take about 30 minutes to prepare in the Air Fryer.
How to cut Chicken Wings
- Using your fingers, locate where the two joints connect.
- Using kitchen scissors or a sharp knife cut through the center of both joints to separate the drumette, flat, and tip.
- Use the drumettes and flats in your recipe, discard the tip.
What to serve with Chicken Wings
Serve chicken wings tossed in Buffalo Sauce with Blue Cheese dipping sauce and fresh celery on the side. Coleslaw, fries, onion rings, chips, and fried mozzarella sticks also make a great side dish for any kind of Chicken Wings.
How to reheat chicken wings in the Air Fryer
Reheat fried chicken wings at 350°F for 5 minutes, then increase the temperature to 400°F and cook for 3-5 more minutes until reheated and crispy.
Looking for more Appetizer Recipes?
- AirFryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Gorgonzola Cream Cheese Spread
- Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
- Cheesy Bacon and Caramelized Onion Dip
- Bacon & Cheese Puff Pastry Twists
Tools used for making this Recipe:
Air Fryer: This is the Air Fryer I have. It has a big basket and is easy to clean.
Buffalo Wings Sauce: To make Buffalo Chicken Wings toss the cooked wings with this sauce. So tasty! My husband loves this sauce. No need to add butter.
BBQ Sauce: This is my favorite BBQ sauce, it is not too spicy with a little bit of smoke and brown sugar flavor. Tastes great on wings!
WANT TO TRY THESE CRISPY BAKED CHICKEN WINGS?
PIN IT TO YOUR APPETIZER BOARD TO SAVE IT OR SHARE ON FACEBOOK!
Follow Plated Cravings on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings, cut into drumettes and flats
- 1/2 cup BBQ or wing sauce
- Place the chicken wings in the basket and insert it into the air fryer.
- Cook for 24 minutes at 380°F (190°). Shake the basket every 10 minutes so the wings cook evenly.
- When the time is up, shake the basket, increase the temperature to 400°F (200°C) and bake for 6 more minutes or until the skin is browned and crisp.
- Transfer to a bowl, add toss with BBQ or wing sauce.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!