Hot Corn Dip made with cream cheese and mayo is loaded with bacon and three kinds of cheese. This cheesy, delicious appetizer recipe is sure to be a hit at any party and so easy and quick to throw together with pantry staples.
This Hot Corn Dip with Cream Cheese and Bacon is perfect for your next Game Day, Cinco de Mayo, or any party! The warm and cheesy dip is super easy to make and tastes super delicious. You can assemble it ahead of time and bake it when you’re ready to serve it. It tastes best straight from the oven!
I made this dip recipe for a party a few weeks ago and it was one of the first things that was gone. You could probably also make this hot dip in a slow cooker but I prefer to make it in the oven because it is faster and you get that melted bubbly, browned mozzarella cheese on top which is my favorite part.
This hot dip recipe with cream cheese, corn, and bacon is highly addictive – you could call it Corn Crack Dip! I always find myself dipping everything into it, crackers, tortilla chips, bread, pretzels – this dip makes it hard to stop snacking. You have to try it!
Tips and Tricks for Making this Corn Dip Recipe
- I use canned corn in this but you can also use canned Mexican corn, thawed frozen corn, or fresh grilled corn for this recipe. One 15-oz can of corn is equivalent to 1 and 3/4 cups drained corn, so you need about 3 1/2 cups frozen or fresh corn.
- Using one pickled jalapeno results in a dip that’s only a little bit spicy. Add more jalapenos if you like your dip really spicy!
- If you want you can saute the corn kettles until golden before adding them to the dip or use canned Fire-Roasted Corn (link below) but normal canned corn works just fine.
- A great add-in for this dip recipe would be a small can of chopped green chilis!
- Instead of cheddar cheese, you can also use the same amount Swiss cheese, Pepper Jack cheese, or Monterey Jack cheese.
- This dip tastes best served hot! You can assemble it in advance, store it in the fridge until you’re ready to bake it or you can bake it in advance and reheat it for 10-15 minutes in the oven.
How to cook bacon in the oven
The easiest way to cook a large amount of bacon that also makes less mess is to cook your bacon in the oven. You need 10 slices cooked bacon for this recipe so start with lining a large enough baking sheet with aluminum foil and lay the bacon in a single layer on it.
Preheat the oven to 400° F and bake the bacon for 15 to 20 minutes flipping it halfway. Use tongs to transfer the cooked bacon to a plate lined with paper towels. Let any excess fat drip off and crumble bacon into small pieces (photo 1).
How to make baked corn dip
Making this dip from scratch is super easy! Combine all the ingredients in a large enough bowl (photo 2), mix with a spatula until everything is fully combined (photo 3), adjust seasoning and spiciness to taste, then transfer mixture to a cast iron skillet or baking dish and sprinkle remaining cheese on top (photo 4). Bake until bubbly and golden brown on top. I like to turn on the broiler for the last 1-2 minutes. Serve the dip with chips, tortilla chips, crackers, veggies, or anything else you like to dip.
Looking for more party appetizer recipes?
- Cheesy Bacon and Caramelized Onion Dip
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Fresh Tomato Salsa Recipe with Mango
- Tropical White Wine Sangria
Tools used for Making this Hot Corn Dip with Jalapenos
Cast Iron Skillet: This skillet works best for this recipe.
Box Grater: This one is super convenient, it comes with an attachable container for catching, measuring and storing grated foods.
Canned Fire-Roasted Corn: Great alternative to freshly roasted corn on the cob!
Want to try this Corn Dip Recipe?
PIN IT TO YOUR APPETIZER BOARD TO SAVE IT OR SHARE ON FACEBOOK!
Follow Plated Cravings on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Hot Corn Dip Recipe
- 30 oz canned whole kernel corn (two 15oz cans), drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1-2 pickled jalapenos finely minced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese or similar cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 10 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 2 green onions sliced
- additional sliced green onions for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9-inch cast-iron skillet or similar sized casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, combine corn, mayonnaise, cream cheese, jalapenos, cheddar cheese, 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese. Stir well until fully combined. Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Add crumbled bacon and green onions. Stir until combined.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared skillet or casserole dish, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella and bake for 30 minutes until bubbly. Turn on broiler and bake for 1-2 more minutes until golden brown on top.
- Serve the dip warm from the oven with crackers or tortilla chips.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!