Cranberry Orange Bread is easy and quick to make from scratch and keeps fresh for days! This moist cranberry bread is perfect for the holidays and is bursting with flavor.
Cranberry Orange Bread
Cranberry Bread made with fresh, juicy cranberries and orange is the perfect treat to bake during the Holiday season. This festive and pretty quick bread is super moist and bursting with flavor. You can whip it up quickly and it keeps fresh for days!
I always get excited when fresh cranberries start hitting the stores during fall. Their slight tart flavor goes perfectly with sweet recipes and they cook up into juicy flavor-bursts during baking. Sadly fresh cranberries are only available for a short time during the last few months of the year but luckily this recipe also works with frozen or dried cranberries so you can enjoy it all year round.
Combining cranberries with orange juice and freshly grated zest elevates its flavor and results in a perfectly balanced sweet and tart flavor. This moist cranberry orange bread makes a delicious breakfast or afternoon snack and is the perfect way to use up leftover cranberries from Thanksgiving!
Tips for Making The BEST Cranberry Bread
- Always measure your flour correctly! Don’t scoop the flour! Spoon flour into your measuring cup and level it off with the back of a knife. Too much flour can make the bread dense and dry.
- This recipe works best with fresh or frozen cranberries
- Instead of fresh or frozen cranberries, you can also use 1 cup dried cranberries
- Don’t overmix the batter! Mix just until the dry ingredients are moistened, about 15 light strokes with a spatula. It’s ok if there are some small lumps. Overmixing can cause the bread to be tough and bake unevenly.
- Always test with a skewer for doneness! Every oven is different, to get the best results start checking the bread for doneness five minutes before the time is up. A wooden skewer works best!
- If you want you can add a glaze on top after the bread has cooled completely. Mix 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 1/2 Tbsp orange juice together and drizzle over the cooled bread
How to make Cranberry Nut Bread
This recipe can be easily transformed into a Cranberry Nut Bread! Just add 1/2 cup (or more) roughly chopped walnuts to the batter together with the cranberries to make a Cranberry Walnut Bread.
Can I use dried cranberries?
Yes, you can use 1 cup dried cranberries instead of the fresh or frozen cranberries. The baking time will be a little bit shorter because dried fruits are less moist.
How long does Cranberry Bread stay fresh
This moist bread stays fresh and moist for days if you store it the right way. I wrap it in plastic wrap and store it at room temperature for up to 4 days. You can also store it in the fridge but it might taste drier because of the lower temperature.
Can I freeze Cranberry Quick Bread?
Yes, you can freeze this Cranberry Bread. Let it cool completely then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and freeze it for up to 3 months. To defrost take it out of the freezer and let it defrost at room temperature overnight. You can also freeze individual slices to make them defrost quicker – perfect for a quick breakfast!
Want to try this Cranberry Bread with Orange Recipe?
PIN IT TO YOUR BAKING BOARD TO SAVE IT OR SHARE ON FACEBOOK!
Follow Plated Cravings on Pinterest for more great recipes!
[social_warfare buttons=”Pinterest, Facebook”]
Cranberry Orange Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp orange zest, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and orange zest. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, cream together sugars, butter, and egg until smooth. Add orange juice and slowly mix until combined.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until just combined and all the dry ingredients are just moistened. Fold in cranberries. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!