Easy Blueberry Muffins
Easy Blueberry Muffins are super quick and simple to make from scratch! These bakery-style muffins are bursting with fresh blueberries and are perfect for breakfast or brunch.
The Best Blueberry Muffins
Easy Blueberry Muffins are studded with plump, juicy blueberries and have a fluffy and tender texture with a hint of vanilla and cinnamon. They are super quick and simple to make from scratch and make a great breakfast, school lunch, or after school snack.
Can I use frozen blueberries in this recipe?
You can use frozen blueberries in this recipe! I recommend not thawing the frozen blueberries and to use only 1.5 cups instead of 2 cups. Frozen blueberries will bleed color into the batter so minimize stirring.
Tips for Making Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Use a measuring jug to measure the dry ingredients, this way you only have to clean one bowl!
- You can make these with fresh or frozen blueberries! If you use frozen, don’t thaw the blueberries and be extra gentle while folding in the berries because they are more prone to bleed into the batter.
- Don’t over-mix the batter! This is important for every muffin recipe. To ensure that your muffins are light and fluffy mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until just barely combined and no more dry flour is visible.
- Don’t let the muffins cool in the muffin pan! Give them a couple of minutes to cool off in the pan, then remove them from the pan and transfer them to a cooling rack.
- These muffins keep moist and fresh for a few days covered at room temperature. I don’t put them in an airtight container because they tend to get soft and a bit soggy in there.
- You can freeze these muffins. Allow them to cool completely then put them in an airtight freezer bag and freeze for up to three months. Thaw them for a few hours or overnight on the counter.
- To make mini muffins bake them for 11-12 minutes at 350°F the entire time. Keep an eye on them while they are baking!
To make these into Lemon Blueberry Muffins
To make Lemon Blueberry Muffins add 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest to the batter and 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice.
You can also add a Lemon Glaze: Mix 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 2-3 tsp of fresh lemon juice until you have a thick glaze. Drizzle over cooled muffins.
Looking for more Blueberry recipes?
- Blueberry Bread
- Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
- Blueberry Cobbler from Tastes Better From Scratch
Tools I recommend for making this easy blueberry muffins recipe
Ice Cream Scoop: This scoop is perfect for portioning the muffins and quickly scooping without mixing the batter too much.
Muffin Tin: I love this muffin pan! It comes with a lid so it’s easy to transport baked muffins or cupcakes and it’s super easy to clean, everything slides right off.
Easy Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup, optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp coarse sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C) degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners or spray with baking. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl or measuring jug, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until combined. Mix in maple syrup, vanilla extract, milk, and oil. Stir until combined.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix everything together by hand until just combined. Avoid overmixing.
- Toss dry blueberries with 1 tbsp flour. Fold blueberries carefully into the batter.
- Use an ice cream scoop or spoon to scoop batter into prepared muffin pan. Fill the cups all the way to the top. Top with a sprinkle of coarse sugar.
- Bake at 425°F for 5 minutes. Then reduce oven temperature to 350°F (180°C) and continue to bake for 15-20 minutes until muffin tops are lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!