Honey Glazed Carrots
Easy Honey Glazed Carrots make a healthy side dish the whole family will love! This stovetop recipe is perfect for Holidays like Easter and Thanksgiving.
- 1 ½ pounds carrots
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Tbsp orange juice or more
- ½ tsp salt to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley to garnish
Peel carrots and cut into 2.5-inch long pieces and half or quarter lengthwise.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat, add carrots and saute for 5 minutes. Then add water and cook for about 5 more minutes until water has boiled down.
Add honey and orange juice, stir. Cook for another 1-2 minutes or until the carrots are completely coated, hot, and the sauce has thickened.
Season with salt, pepper, and parsley.
- You can make this recipe with baby carrots or regular carrots
- Dress this simple dish up by using rainbow carrots
- Make sure the carrots are sliced evenly so they cook at the same rate
- Cooking carrots on the stovetop makes it easy to cook them just the way you like them. Cook them for a few more minutes if you prefer them softer
- Add more honey if you prefer your carrots sweeter
- You can use fresh orange juice or storebought orange juice
- You can substitute the honey for maple syrup for maple glazed carrots
- The parsley is mainly for decoration and can be left out
- Spray your measuring cup with oil spray before measuring the honey, this way it will slide out easier
- The carrots can be peeled and cut 1-2 days ahead and stored in an airtight container
Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 275mg | Potassium: 377mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 19228IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg