Honey Glazed Carrots
Honey glazed carrots make a healthy side dish that the whole family will love! This easy stovetop recipe made with orange juice and honey is perfect for Holidays like Easter and Thanksgiving.
Everyone loves Glazed Carrots, especially during the Holidays! There are many recipes out there but I love this stove top version because you don’t need to make space in the oven or have a lot of extra steps. This recipe is made in one skillet from start to finish and takes only 20 minutes.
Glazed Carrots with Honey taste sweet, buttery, and make a great side dish for any meal! This easy recipe is made on the stove and takes only 20 minutes from start to finish so you have more room in the oven for the mains. Cooking them on the stove makes it really easy to get them cooked perfectly so they have just the right amount of crunchiness. Our whole family loves this easy veggie side dish!
How to make Glazed Carrots
This honey glazed carrot recipe starts with melting the butter in a skillet and sauteing the chopped carrots in the butter for extra flavor. Then add water and let the carrots cook until all the water has evaporated. Add honey and orange juice. Cook for 2 more minutes while stirring until everything is evenly glazed. Season with salt, pepper, and parsley and serve hot!
Honey and Orange Glazed Carrots make a great side dish for Thanksgiving and Easter but are easy enough to make every day!
Tips on how to make Honey Glazed Carrots
- You can make this recipe with baby carrots or regular carrots
- For a nice presentation, use carrots with a little green left attached
- Cooking carrots on the stove top makes it easy to cook them just the way you like them! Cook them for a few more minutes if you prefer them softer
- Add more honey if you prefer your carrots sweeter
- You can use fresh orange juice or storebought orange juice
- The carrots taste best fresh but you can reheat them in a skillet
More Vegetable side dishes
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Brown Butter Maple Glazed Roasted Rainbow Carrots
- Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Greek-Style Boiled Potatoes
- Parmesan Oven Roasted Green Beans
- German Red Cabbage
How long to boil carrots
The cooking time depends on the size of the carrots and how crunchy you like them. This recipe has a relatively short boiling time because the carrots are small. It only takes 12 minutes to cook the perfect carrots.
Do you Have to Peel Carrots?
No, you don’t necessarily have to peel carrots but for the best flavor and texture, it is recommended to peel them. Eating the peel is perfectly safe after you washed and scrubbed the carrots but the peel might have a slightly bitter or soapy taste so it is better to peel the carrots.
WANT TO TRY THIS GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR SIDES BOARD TO SAVE IT OR SHARE ON FACEBOOK!
Follow Plated Cravings on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Honey Glazed Carrots
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Peel carrots and cut into 2.5-inch long pieces and half or quarter lengthwise.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat, add carrots and saute for 5 minutes. Then add water and cook for about 5 more minutes until water has boiled down.
- Add honey and stir. Cook for another 1-2 minutes or until the carrots are completely coated and hot.
- Season with salt, pepper, and parsley.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!