Simple Oven Roasted Potatoes made with Garlic and Parsley make an easy and delicious side dish that only requires a few minutes of prep and goes with so many meals! Whip up these crispy and golden roasted baby potatoes for a dinner that the whole family will love.
Simple sheet pan recipes like these easy roasted potatoes, Baked Chicken Legs with Potatoes, or my favorite Brown Butter Maple Glazed Roasted Rainbow Carrots make great weeknight dinners that only need minimal prep and cook in the oven while you have time for other things.
Oven Roasted Potatoes
Easy Roasted Potatoes with a golden crisp crust and a soft fluffy center are my favorite way to eat potatoes besides Mashed Potatoes! Roasting the potatoes in the oven at high heat makes them so delicious and prep is really minimal especially if you are using small baby potatoes that don’t need to be peeled and can just be cut in half.
These garlic roasted potatoes are always a hit in our house! I love to combine them with veggies and sausages to make an easy minimal-prep weeknight dinner. Cooking dinner on a sheet pan gives you more time to do other things while your meal is cooking in the oven and clean up is super quick. Give these crispy roasted potatoes a try and let me know what your favorite combination is!
Which Potatoes are best for roasting in the oven
- Red or Yellow Baby Potatoes (my preferred choice!)
- Red Potatoes
- Yukon Gold
Don’t use Russet potatoes for this recipe, their thick skin needs to be peeled off, which makes them less crispy and you have a lot more work!
Tips and Tricks to make the BEST Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Pick potatoes that are similarly sized so they cook evenly and are done at the same time.
- Smaller potatoes equal less work because you only have to cut them in half.
- I recommend cutting the potatoes in half (or smaller) because having a straight edge on the pan makes them more crispy.
- If you’re not a garlic fan you can reduce the amount or leave it out and use your favorite seasoning on the potatoes.
- Don’t overcrowd your baking sheet otherwise the roasted potatoes won’t crisp up.
- Place the potatoes cut side down on the baking sheet before putting them in the oven. This extra step is my secret for super crispy edges!
- The smaller your potato chunks the faster they will cook! How long to roast potatoes
My secrets on how to roast potatoes in the oven
- High temperature
- No parchment paper
- Don’t reduce the amount of oil
- Cut side down for extra crispiness
- Use small baby potatoes for minimal prep and maximum crispiness
Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
I often roast carrots together with the potatoes! The carrots need about 30-35 minutes at the same temperature as the potatoes so they make a great addition. After prepping the potatoes and putting the sheet pan (with a bit of free space) in the oven I cut the carrots in half or quarters lengthwise depending on their size and put them in the same bowl where I mixed the potatoes and oil before.
Add a little bit more oil if you want and season them with salt and pepper. Then I put them next to the potatoes on the sheet pan and roast them together until both are done. I love to add a tablespoon of butter and maple syrup to the carrots a few minutes before the time is up so they are nicely coated.
Oven Roasted Potatoes and Sausages
You can also add your favorite smoked sausages to the pan to make a complete meal! It’s one of my husband’s favorite meals and I love it too because it’s so easy. I pierce the sausages with a fork and then put them on the baking sheet with the potatoes for the last 15 minutes.
Tools and Ingredients used for this Oven Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Sheet Pan: I just got these pans in the mail because I’ve read so many great reviews about them. Another favorite of mine is the one in the pictures!
Knife: Love this knife! It’s still super sharp and has the right size and weight to it. Perfect for all chopping jobs in the kitchen!
Cutting Board: These cutting boards are recommended by America’s Test Kitchen! They are super sturdy and easy to clean.
Want to try this Oven Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe?
PIN IT TO YOUR SIDES BOARD TO SAVE IT OR SHARE ON FACEBOOK!
Follow Plated Cravings on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes
- 3 pounds baby potatoes red or yellow
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley dried works too
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200°C).
- Cut the potatoes in half and put them in a bowl (if using normal sized potatoes cut them in small chunks). Toss with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper until evenly coated.
- Transfer to a large enough sheet pan and spread out the potatoes in one layer, cut side down.
- Roast in the middle of the oven for 50-60 min flipping them twice during cooking until browned and cooked through.
- Take them out of the oven and toss with fresh or dried parsley before serving.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!