Air Fryer Roasted Carrots
These Air Fryer Carrots are perfectly roasted and so flavorful! Cooking them in the Air Fryer at high heat brings out their natural sweetness in less time than in the oven and is so easy.
- 1 pound carrots peeled
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or olive oil spray
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley for garnish, optional
Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees Celsius).
Cut thick carrots in half lengthwise. Leave normal-sized carrots whole. Slice the carrots diagonally in 1-inch-thick slices (see picture).
Toss them in a bowl with olive oil or spray with olive oil spray, salt, and pepper. Season with thyme.
Transfer to Air Fryer basket and cook for 9-12 minutes, depending on size, until nicely browned and tender. Serve garnished with parsley.
- For roasted glazed carrots, add 2 tablespoon honey or brown sugar before cooking.
- Garlic variation: season with 1/4 tsp garlic powder or 1-2 tsp freshly minced garlic.
- You could also add red onion, parsnips, butternut squash cubes, zucchini slices, bell peppers, or any other vegetables you have on hand, just keep in mind their cooking time.
- Make sure all carrot pieces are approximately the same size to ensure even cooking
- For larger carrot pieces or whole carrots cooking time will be longer
- Exact cooking time depends on your personal preference and your Air Fryer model
- The carrots taste best fresh but you can reheat them in a skillet or in the Air Fryer
- Leftovers taste great on a salad
Calories: 78kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 370mg | Potassium: 363mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 19029IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg