Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
The ultimate guide for making frozen french fries in the Air Fryer! Air fried fries are perfectly crispy and so quick. You'll never cook them any other way!
- 1 pound frozen french fries depending on you Air Fryer capacity
- 1 tsp salt to taste
Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees F.
Place the frozen fries in the Air Fryer basket and give them a shake so they are distributed evenly.
Cook fries for 10-15 minutes, shaking the basket or tossing the fries every 5 minutes. Add more time depending on your desired crispiness.
Transfer fries to a bowl, sprinkle with salt or your favorite seasoning, and toss. Serve immediately.
- I recommend salting the fries after frying them, just before serving and not before. Fries can turn limp and lose their crispiness if salted too soon.
- The finer the salt the better it sticks, I recommend using a salt grinder
- Don't overcrowd the basket! The larger the basket the more fries you can cook, but I recommend not to fill the basket more than half or three-quarters for the best results (But no need to put the fries in a single layer!)
- The fuller the basket the more often I recommend to shake it so the fries cook evenly
- Shake the basket every 5 minutes during cooking so the fries cook evenly
- Depending on the brand of air fryer you use, how large your basket is, and how full you fill the basket, the fries might take shorter or longer to cook
- Toaster oven style air fryers usually take longer to cook, the cooking time will increase by 5-10 minutes. Same for Air Fryers with low watt power they will also usually take a few minutes longer.
- I've tested this method in 3 different air fryers: Ninja Foodi, Ninja Foodi Grill, and Philips Viva Turbo Star
Timings for different fries
- Lattice Cut Fries: 10-11 min
- Crinkle-Cut/Waffle Fries: 10-11 min
- Sweet Potato Fries: 16 min
- Shoestring Fries: 8-10 min
- 5 Minute Fries: 4-5 mins
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 556mg | Potassium: 488mg | Fiber: 5g | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg