Air Fryer Baked Potato
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are fluffy on the inside and have crispy, perfectly seasoned skin on the outside. Making them in the Air Fryer is quick and simple!
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp coarse salt
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil or cooking spray (not olive oil)
- Sour Cream
- Grated Cheddar
- Chives chopped
- Bacon Pieces
Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees F. Scrub potatoes and lightly pierce with a fork several times.
In a bowl combine water and salt, stir until the salt has dissolved. Toss potatoes in the bowl until evenly coated with saltwater.
Place potatoes in the Air Fryer basket and cook for 40-45 minutes (see times for different sizes below). After 30 minutes, spray potatoes with oil spray or brush with oil. Potatoes are done when they reach an internal temperature of 205 degrees F. If you don’t have a thermometer pierce with a fork, they should feel soft on the inside.
Take potatoes out of the Air Fryer and immediately cut skin with a knife in a criss-cross shape or straight so the steam can escape.
Large 50-60 min
Medium 40-45 min
Small 25-30 min
Tips and Tricks summary
- Use similar sized potatoes so they are done at the same time
- Russet potatoes work best for baked potatoes
- Prick the potatoes with a fork before cooking
- Cut the potatoes open immediately after they are done, so the steam can escape, this way they get extra fluffy
- Aim for an internal temperature of 205 degrees F
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3500mg | Potassium: 888mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 2mg