Nutella Cookies Recipe
These Nutella Cookies are SO easy and quick to make! You only need FOUR ingredients to make these hazelnut-spread stuffed cookies. Perfect for the holiday season and all year round!
Servings: 25 cookies
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 3/4 cup Nutella room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup Nutella room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment whisk together the egg and 3/4 cup Nutella for about 2 minutes until the mixture is glossy.
Add flour and beat until combined.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rest in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
Using your hands roll about 1.5 Tbsp of dough into balls. This recipe makes about 20-25 cookie balls. Place them on the baking sheet and use your finger or the end of a wooden spoon to make a dent in the center of each cookie.
Pipe Nutella into each dent and sprinkle chopped hazelnuts on top.
Bake for about 10 minutes. Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool down on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- The Nutella needs to have room temperature. In general, Nutella doesn't need to be stored in the fridge, but if you store yours in the fridge take it out one day in advance.
- Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container in a cool and dry place. They will keep fresh for about a week.
- It's important to measure the flour correctly to avoid adding too much, I prefer using a kitchen scale but if you're using a measuring cup, use a spoon to fill the cup with flour and don't scoop it.
- Don't leave the dough longer in the fridge than 15 minutes or the dough will crack when forming the cookie balls. If the dough cracks while rolling into balls let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes longer.
- The easiest way to fill the cookies with Nutella is to use a pastry bag or a Zip Lock bag with an edge cut off.
Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 77mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg