Nutella Cookies are SO easy and quick to make. You only need FOUR ingredients to make them! These hazelnut-spread stuffed cookies are every Nutella lover’s dream.
Happy Monday! To make your Monday just a little bit sweeter, here are some Nutella cookies that are stuffed with MORE Nutella and sprinkled with chopped hazelnuts. They are every Nutella lover’s dream!
You probably realized by now that I’m a big fan of Nutella! I sometimes even eat it with a spoon – no bread, just a spoon. Sooo good! Perfect when you forgot to buy chocolate and are craving something sweet. One spoon of this gooey hazelnut spread and your chocolate cravings are satisfied.
If you’re a Nutella lover like me, be sure to also check out my Nutella Swirl Pumpkin Bread, my Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies with Nutella and my Nutella Cupcakes with Cherries! They’re all so delicious.
I love combining Nutella with other flavors. Believe it or not but cherries and Nutella are soooo good together. But today Nutella is the STAR of this recipe!
Oh, holy yumminess! These hazelnut cookies will literally blow your mind. This recipe is for you if you like:
A) DOUBLE Nutella in your cookies: The main ingredient of the batter is Nutella & they’re filled with Nutella <– YES, please!
B) Easy recipes that only need a single-digit amount of ingredients!
C) Utterly addictive soft, chocolatey cookies <– Very true!
Soft hazelnut-spread cookies stuffed with MORE Nutella and topped with chopped hazelnuts and a cold glass of milk? YES, please!
Seriously what is not to love about these Nutella treats? They’re super easy to make and you really just need four ingredients to whip them up!
We start with whipping the Nutella and the egg together. Then we add the only dry ingredient we need: flour! Mix until everything is combined and the dough is DONE. That was easy, wasn’t it?!
The cookie dough needs to rest in the fridge for 10 minutes which is exactly the time I need to clean up and preheat my oven. OK let’s be real I probably won’t clean up but rather flip through Instagram. Really bad habit!
When the time is up, take the dough out of the fridge and using a tablespoon, scoop out dough and form about 20 cookie balls. Make a well in the center of each cookie and fill it with Nutella. Top with chopped hazelnuts for more depth of flavor! YUM! Bake them until they’re done, and you’ve just made yourself the BEST and EASIEST cookies. They taste best right out of the oven but keep also fresh for a few days in an airtight container.
These cookies are soft, gooey in the middle, full of Nutella, and get a little crunch from the hazelnuts. So yummy!
Looking for more Nutella Recipes? Try these!
- Easy Twisted Nutella Danish Recipe
- Nutella Mousse Cookie Cups
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies with Nutella
- Banana Nutella Muffins
WANT TO TRY THESE?
PIN IT TO YOUR COOKIE OR DESSERT BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
[social_warfare buttons=”Pinterest, Facebook”]
Nutella Cookies Recipe
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 3/4 cup Nutella room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose-flour spoon and level
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup Nutella room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment whisk together the egg and 3/4 cup Nutella for about 2 minutes until the mixture is glossy.
- Add flour and beat until combined. It's important to measure the flour correctly to avoid adding too much, I prefer using a kitchen scale but if you're using a measuring cup, use a spoon to fill the cup with flour and don't scoop it.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rest in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Don't leave the dough longer in the fridge or the dough will get cracked when forming the balls.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out dough and form 20-25 cookie balls. Place cookie balls on the baking sheet.
- Use your finger or the end of a wooden cooking spoon to make a dent in the center of each cookie.
- Fill the hole with Nutella. The easiest way is to use a pastry bag or a Zip Lock bag for this.
- Sprinkle chopped hazelnuts on top of the Nutella.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool down on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container in a cool and dry place. They will keep fresh for about a week.