Banana Nutella Muffins are so easy and quick to make from scratch! A fluffy bakery-style Banana Muffin filled with Nutella that makes a great snack or breakfast.
Banana Nutella Muffins are every Nutella lover’s dream with their gooey Nutella core! They’re not only stuffed with Nutella but they also have a Nutella swirl on top. These delicious Nutella stuffed banana muffins are inspired by one of my favorite easy afternoon snacks: Banana slices topped with Nutella.
In the summer months I always put the banana slices in the freezer for a few hours and then top them with Nutella, it tastes like a decadent ice cream treat. So yummy!
Banana and Nutella go so well together! These muffins are adapted from one of my most popular recipes. My easy Banana Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel are a reader favorite. But the addition of Nutella makes these tasty banana muffins even more delicious!
Tips and Tricks for making Banana Nutella Muffins
- Use over-ripened bananas with black spots for this recipe. The really ripe ones are sweeter and easier to mash. If your bananas aren’t ripe yet you can bake them in a 300°F oven for 30-40 minutes to make them softer and sweeter.
- Use muffin liners for this recipe! The muffins will come easier out of the pan and are easier to store. These muffins are super moist so they are more likely to stick to the pan when you don’t use liners.
- Don’t overmix the batter! This is important for every muffin recipe. To ensure that your muffins are light and fluffy mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until just barely combined, and no more dry flour is visible.
- Don’t let the muffins cool down in the muffin tin! The hot muffin tin will continue to bake the muffins and you might end up with drier muffins. Give the muffins a couple minutes to cool off, then remove them and transfer to a cooling rack.
Looking for more Recipes with Nutella?
Tools used for making these Banana Nutella Muffins
Ice Cream Scoop: This scoop is perfect for portioning the muffins and quickly scooping without mixing the batter too much.
Muffin Tin: I love this muffin pan! It comes with a lid so it’s easy to transport baked muffins or cupcakes and it’s super easy to clean, everything slides right off.
Banana Nutella Muffins
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups mashed banana, about 3 medium bananas
- ½ cup Nutella, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 12-count muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine butter and sugars. Beat at medium-high speed for about 4 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, whisk until combined. Stir in the mashed bananas.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir just until combined. Don't overmix!
- Spoon about 1 heaping tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup. Place on heaping tsp of Nutella on top. Divide remaining batter between the muffin cups.
- Drizzle ½ tsp Nutella on top of each muffin and use a toothpick to swirl it gently into the batter.
- Bake muffins for about 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean with only a few crumbs attached. Let the muffin cool down for about 10 minutes in the pan then transfer them to a cooling rack.
I originally shared this recipe on Tastes of Lizzy T.
WANT TO TRY THESE BANANA NUTELLA MUFFINS?
PIN IT TO YOUR MUFFIN OR BREAKFAST BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!