Oreo Brownies are fudgy, chocolatey, and out of this world delicious! A rich and chewy brownie recipe stuffed with Oreo cookies, topped with more crumbled cookies that is so easy to make from scratch and takes brownies to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Oreo Stuffed Brownies are loaded with Oreo cookies and chocolate chips! This is the perfect dessert for every Oreo and chocolate lover that will satisfy your sweet cravings in less than an hour from start to finish. 45 minutes is all you need to make a batch of these over-the-top delicious cookie and cream chocolate brownies.
You could also easily make these with a box mix if you’re short on time but I love to make them with my favorite homemade brownie recipe. Using a from-scratch brownie recipe makes it easier to adapt to the sweetness of the cookies. My recipe uses less sugar and is loaded with melted dark chocolate and chocolate chips for an extra fudgy texture that goes so well with the Oreo cookies.
These stuffed brownies are decadent! They are rich and fudgy and have a deliciously rich chocolate flavor – perfect for sharing (or not!).
Tips and Tricks for making Oreo Brownies
- I always line my brownie pan with parchment paper. This not only makes clean up easier but it also lets you lift the brownies from the pan easily.
- I use Dutch-process cocoa powder for my brownies because it dissolves easily and is darker in color. But if you don’t have it on hand you can also use unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Once the flour is added don’t overbeat the batter. Just beat until all the dry ingredients are incorporated and no flour pockets remain.
- You can use any kind of Oreos you want!
- All ovens are different so I recommend to check with a wooden skewer or toothpick for doneness.
- Don’t over-bake the brownies! I love my brownies gooey and fudgy so I always underbake mine. You want the skewer to have a few moist crumbs attached. It’s better to underbake brownies instead of overbaking them.
- To make cutting them into perfect squares easier, transfer the pan with the cooled brownies to the fridge for one hour.
- These brownies are very rich so I like to cut them into 16 squares instead of 9 and serve them with milk.
- Store the brownies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week or freeze them for up to 2 months.
Can I also use a box mix for this recipe?
Yes, you could also use your favorite brownie mix for this recipe. Perfect for days when you are super busy and want something a little more special. Prepare the batter according to package instructions and layer with brownies as instructed below.
How do you make Oreo cookie brownies?
Making Oreo brownies is a simple way to upgrade brownies. Layer brownie batter and Oreo cookies in a 9-inch square pan and top with crushed cookies. Bake for 30 minutes.
How long do you cook brownies?
Bake brownies for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden skewer or toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy, moist crumbs attached. Don’t overbake brownies! It’s best to start checking the brownies after 25 minutes.
How do you make Slutty Brownies?
To make Slutty Brownies you need to add one additional layer. Use your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough and press it into the pan (a 13×9-inch pan works best because you are using more ingredients), layer it with Oreo cookies then spread the brownie batter on top. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy, moist crumbs attached.
Looking for more Bar and Brownie recipes?
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies with Nutella
- Peanut Butter Brownie Bars
- Coffee Brownies
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
Tools used to make these Oreo Chocolate Brownies
Square Baking Pan: I love this pan! It’s super easy to clean, everything slides right off and there is also a version with a lid so it’s easy to transport and store baked brownies or cakes.
Chocolate Chips: According to America’s Test Kitchen these are the best chocolate chips!
Dutch-process cocoa powder: I love to use this cocoa powder for baking because it dissolves easily and is darker in color.
WANT TO TRY THIS OREO COOKIE BROWNIE RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR DESSERT BOARD TO SAVE IT OR SHARE ON FACEBOOK!
Follow Plated Cravings on Pinterest for more great recipes!
[social_warfare buttons=”Pinterest, Facebook”]
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp Dutch-process cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- 24 Oreos
- Coarsely chop the chocolate and melt it together with the butter in a saucepan over medium heat while stirring constantly. Remove from the heat, pour into a mixing bowl. Let cool for 8-10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and spray a 9-inch (or 8-inch) square pan with cooking spray and line it with parchment paper leaving an overhang.
- Add the sugar to the chocolate mixture and whisk until well incorporated. Add the eggs, one at a time. Whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, Dutch-process cocoa powder, and salt and gently fold them in. Mix only until everything is incorporated and the dry ingredients are wet and no clumps remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread half of the batter into your prepared pan. Top with a layer of Oreo Cookies and spread the remaining batter on top of the cookies. Sprinkle crushed Oreos on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with only a few moist and fudgy crumbs attached.
- Let the brownies cool in the pan on a wire rack to room temperature.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!