Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars are the best of both worlds with a creamy cheesecake top and a soft cinnamon-sugary snickerdoodle bottom.
Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars are nearing the top of my favorite desserts list. The creamy cheesecake layer combined with the cinnamon sugar cookie bottom makes these little bars beyond delicious. If you love snickerdoodles and cheesecake, you better get ready because these will be gone FAST!
Soft and puffy Snickerdoodles are full of memories for me. The cinnamon-sugary smell reminds me of my grandparents who loved to sprinkle it over every dessert. I just love the warm and cozy feeling that everything cinnamon-sugary gives.
These easy-to-make Snickerdoodle Bars are no exception! They are pure cinnamon-sugary deliciousness combined with creamy cheesecake and can be made completely from scratch in less than one hour!
Some tips and tricks for this Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars Recipe:
- Don’t skip the Cream of Tartar! Cream of tartar adds a unique tangy flavor to the cookie layer, which makes it a classic snickerdoodle. But if you really can’t find it you can substitute with the same amount of baking powder.
- The bottom snickerdoodle layer will be soft and chewy, that’s how I like my bars (and my snickerdoodles). After a day it will have a cookie-dough-like texture which I absolutely love. If you’re not the biggest fan of cookie dough you could bake the snickerdoodle layer for a few minutes before adding the cheesecake mixture on top.
- Instead of rolling the dough in cinnamon sugar the cinnamon sugar is sprinkled on top of the cheesecake layer. You can also sprinkle some on the cookie layer before adding the cheesecake mixture.
- The cookie dough requires no chilling in the fridge which saves time.
- Feel free to skip the vanilla extract in the snickerdoodle dough. I like mine this way but many recipes don’t use vanilla extract in snickerdoodles because the vanilla extract neutralizes that tangy note of the cookies a little bit.
Looking for more bar and cookie recipes?
- Nutella Mousse Cookie Cups
- Nutella Cookies Recipe
- Peanut Butter Brownie Bars
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Parfaits
Tools Used in the Making of these Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars:
9 x 13 inch Pan with Lid: I love this baking pan! It comes with a lid so it’s easy to transport baked goods or casseroles and it’s super easy to clean, everything slides right off. I use this pan for all my 9×13-inch cakes, bars, and casseroles.
Stand Mixer: The most beautiful appliance in my kitchen! I own it in the gorgeous Ice Blue but the new Imperial Black one is my current favorite color.
Vanilla Extract: This is my favorite vanilla extract. I also love their vanilla sugar for recipes where I don’t want to add more liquid.
[social_warfare buttons=”Pinterest, Facebook”]
Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
For the Snickerdoodle Cookie Layer:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180°C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
How to make Snickerdoodles:
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until just combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture and mix on low until just combined.
- Press about two-thirds of the snickerdoodle dough into an even layer in the bottom of the pan.
How to make cheesecake mixture:
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and salt and beat until combined.
- Pour cheesecake mixture on top of snickerdoodles and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- Break up remaining snickerdoodle dough into small pieces and sprinkle over cheesecake layer.
- In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of snickerdoodle dough.
- Bake until edges are set and center of cheesecake mixture is only slightly jiggly, about 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Slice into squares. Cover and store in the refrigerator.