These Peanut Butter Brownie Bars are so easy to make and taste so good! Fudgy brownies and peanut butter – two of my favorite things combine to make this super delicious treat.
Today I have one of my favorite addictions for you – Chocolate and Peanut Butter!
Fudgy homemade brownies topped with a peanut butter layer and chocolate. These Peanut Butter Brownie Bars are so rich and chocolatey, one bar is enough to satisfy your cravings. A perfect little treat for everyone who loves Peanut Butter Cups!
The brownie layer is fudgy and chewy! The recipe is super easy and inspired by my Cold Brew Coffee Brownies but these are made without coffee so everyone can enjoy them. You only need one bowl to make the brownies and they’re really bursting with chocolate. They taste great on their own but combining them with peanut butter takes this recipe to the next level of deliciousness.
How to make Peanut Butter Brownie Bars
These Brownie Bars have three layers of deliciousness: a fudgy brownie, a creamy peanut butter layer, and a chocolate topping.
Start with the brownie layer. These brownies also taste great without any topping and the recipe is super easy. First, melt the chocolate together with the butter. You can use the microwave or a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water. When the chocolate is melted add the other brownie ingredients and pour the batter into an 8×8-inch baking pan.
One trick I always use when I make bars or brownies is to line the pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to make it easy to lift the bars or brownies out.
The next step is to make the peanut butter mixture. The brownies need to cool completely before you add this layer.
To make the peanut butter more spreadable I combine it with a little bit of cream cheese and powdered sugar. Spread the mixture over the brownie layer. You don’t need to lift the brownies out of the pan to do this, it’s easier to do while they are still in the pan.
The last step is to make the chocolate topping. Melt the chocolate and butter like you did before for the brownies and spread it on top of the peanut butter layer with a rubber spatula. Now comes the most difficult part of this recipe: waiting for the chocolate to set!
[social_warfare buttons=”Pinterest, Facebook”]
Peanut Butter Brownie Bars
For the Brownies:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chopped (115g)
- 4 oz dark chocolate, chopped (115g)
- 2 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup granulated sugar, (200g)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, (90g)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, (30g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Pinch of salt
For the Peanut Butter Filling:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened (110g)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, (190g)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, (60g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Topping:
- 8 oz dark chocolate, chopped (225g)
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 8x8-inch pan and line it with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished bars out. Set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don't let the bowl touch the water). Stir until melted then remove from heat.
- Quickly stir in sugar, flour, cocoa powder, eggs, vanilla extract and salt until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out with only with a few moist crumbs attached. Set aside to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar and vanilla together on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Spread evenly onto crust. Set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don't let the bowl touch the water). Stir until melted and smooth. Spread evenly over peanut butter filling. Refrigerate until set, for about 2 hours.
- Use the parchment paper to lift the bars from the pan and cut into small pieces. Store bars covered in the refrigerator.