German Gingerbread Spice Mix
Gingerbread Spice Mix is called for in many German Christmas baking recipes! Skip the store-bought mix for this easy, cheaper, and more flavorful version.
Servings: 4 tbsp
- 2½ Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp ground star anise
- ¼ tsp ground mace
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground green cardamom
- You can use pre-ground spices or whole spices in a spice grinder for an even more flavorful version. I don't list measurements for the whole spices because it depends on the output of your grinder.
- If you can't find all of the spices in your local grocery store check out a health food store or online store.
- This homemade spice mixture also makes a great hostess or neighbor gift!
- You can add it to any desserts or drinks you want to add some gingerbread flavor - like waffles, cookies, cakes, or pancakes
- Store the spice mixture in an airtight container - a mason jar or a container with a tight-fitting lid works well. This blend tastes best if used within 1 or 2 weeks.
- This recipe makes about 1/4 cup of the spice mix.
- You can double or triple this recipe.
Calories: 22kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 40mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg