Baked Oatmeal with Apples, Pecans, and Cranberries
Baked Oatmeal made with apples, pecans, and cranberries is a delicious and comforting breakfast casserole!
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats (280g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (50g)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups milk of your choice (480ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped (60g)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (60g)
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C) and grease a 2-quart casserole dish. Set aside.
In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, vanilla extract, melted butter, and maple syrup.
In another bowl, combine oats, baking powder, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add to the milk mixture together with the diced apples, pecans, and cranberries. Stir until combined.
Transfer to the greased baking dish and bake for about 45-50 minutes, until set and golden brown on top.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 256mg | Potassium: 418mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 420IU | Vitamin C: 2.8mg | Calcium: 172mg | Iron: 1.9mg