Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Cinnamon Swirl Bread is so easy to make without yeast and has a delicious cinnamon sugar swirl inside. This moist Cinnamon Bread is perfect for the holidays and makes a delicious breakfast or afternoon snack!
For the Cinnamon Swirl:
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
For the Quick Bread:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg room temperature
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, white sugar, and brown sugar.
In a large bowl combine milk, egg, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth then add the flour mixture to the bowl and stir until just moistened.
Pour half the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture on top. Pour remaining batter on top and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Use a knife and draw it through the batter to marble it.
Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Measure the flour correctly for the best result. Spoon it into a measuring cup and level it with the back of a knife!
- If your cinnamon is not as potent and you're a cinnamon fan you can increase the amount to 3 teaspoons for a more intense flavor
- To get a cinnamon swirl you have to draw a knife through the batter but don't mix it too much or you won't get a distinguished swirl
- Every oven is different so make sure to check the bread for doneness with a skewer
- Wrap in plastic wrap and let sit overnight before slicing for the best flavor
- This bread keeps fresh for up to 5 days stored in an airtight container at room temperature
- Don't store it in the fridge! It will dry out if it is stored in a cold environment
- You can freeze this Cinnamon Bread for up to 3 months tightly wrapped in plastic wrap. Defrost on the counter overnight
Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 139mg | Potassium: 215mg | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 1.5mg