Cinnamon Swirl Bread is so easy to make without yeast and has a delicious cinnamon sugar swirl inside. This moist Cinnamon Bread is perfect for the holidays and makes a delicious breakfast or afternoon snack!
Cinnamon Swirl Bread
This Cinnamon Bread is so easy to make from scratch and will make your whole house smell amazing! It bakes up into a melt-in-your-mouth tender quick bread with a generous cinnamon swirl inside and a thin, crunchy cinnamon-sugar crust on top. This simple cinnamon bread tastes delicious with a big cup of coffee on a cold morning for breakfast but also makes a great afternoon snack.
Making a quick bread from scratch is so easy and quick and much simpler than making a yeasted bread. It takes only a few minutes to throw together and can be made in under an hour from start to finish. It has a tender, soft texture and keeps moist and fresh for days! You can make it a day or two in advance because this bread tastes even better on the next day. The cinnamon flavour tends to get more intense over time!
This easy quick bread recipe is made with simple ingredients that you probably have on hand but tastes so delicious. It is a holiday favourite in our family and always gone in seconds!
Tips on how to make the BEST Homemade Cinnamon Bread
- Measure the flour correctly for the best result. Spoon it into a measuring cup and level it with the back of a knife!
- If your cinnamon is not as potent and your a cinnamon fan you can increase the amount to 3 tsp for a more intense flavour
- To get a cinnamon swirl you have to draw a knife through the batter but don’t mix it too much or you won’t get a distinguished swirl
- Every oven is different so make sure to check the bread for doneness with a skewer
- Wrap in plastic wrap and let sit overnight before slicing for the best flavour
- This bread keeps fresh for up to 5 days stored tightly wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature
- Don’t store it in the fridge! It will dry out if it is stored in a cold environment
- You can freeze this Cinnamon Bread for up to 3 months tightly wrapped in plastic wrap. Defrost on the counter overnight
Want to try this Cinnamon Roll Bread Recipe?
PIN IT TO YOUR BAKING BOARD TO SAVE IT OR SHARE ON FACEBOOK!
Follow Plated Cravings on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Cinnamon Swirl Bread
For the Cinnamon Swirl:
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
For the Quick Bread:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- In a large bowl combine milk, egg, and vegetable oil. Whisk until smooth then add the flour mixture to the bowl and stir until just moistened.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture on top. Pour remaining batter on top and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Use a knife and draw it through the batter to marble it.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!