Easy Cinnamon Candied Almonds are sweet, crunchy and make your house smell amazing! They can be made in less than 10 minutes and make a great snack for your next holiday party.
These candied almonds with cinnamon and vanilla are one of my favorite holiday treats! I always get some when we visit winter festivals and Christmas markets but it’s so easy to make this popular winter snack at home.
You just need a few simple ingredients and a large nonstick pan to transform simple almonds into something super delicious. These roasted almonds also make a great holiday gift that everyone will enjoy. Just put them in a cute glass jar and tie a ribbon around it.
Making candied nuts is really easy! All you need to do is stir until the sugar crystalizes. Do yourself a favor and make a batch! I promise you’ll love these cinnamon almonds!
How to make Candied Almonds Easy
The easy and fast way to make candied almonds is using a pan and cooking them in a cinnamon-sugar-water-mixture until all the water has evaporated and the sugar crystalizes and coats the almonds. As long as you stir constantly the almonds won’t burn and you have crunchy, sweet roasted almonds in less than 15 minutes.
Are sugared almonds healthy?
These candied almonds are definitely not healthy if you eat large amounts. But my recipe uses less sugar than others and gets you the same sweet flavor. So these almonds are healthier than other candied nuts and are less bad for you than the ones you can buy at winter festivals.
How long do candied almonds last
These cinnamon roasted almonds keep fresh at room temperature for one to two weeks, covered. I find they lose a little bit of their crunch if they are not stored in an airtight container so I like to store mine in a Tupperware container in the fridge. If you make a batch for a party I would make them the day before or on the same day for the best flavor.
Looking for more holiday recipes?
- Easy Mulled Wine Liqueur
- Orange Cranberry Moscow Mule
- German Christmas Punch (Kinderpunsch)
- Vanillekipferl (German Vanilla Crescent Cookies)
Tools used to make these Candied Almonds
Easy Cinnamon Candied Almonds
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups whole almonds
- Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Grease the baking mat/parchment paper with butter.
- In a nonstick pan, combine sugar, water, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add almonds. Cook and stir the mixture until the water has evaporated. It will change from liquid to syrup to a stringy consistency and then crystalize onto the almonds. Be sure to stir consistently throughout.
- Pour the almonds onto the prepared baking sheet and separate them with forks or a spatula. Let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Store almonds in an airtight container.