Homemade Whipped Cream is easier to make from scratch than you think and tastes so much better than store-bought!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
Place metal mixing bowl and whisk into the freezer for 10 minutes.
Add heavy cream to the bowl and start the mixer at low speed then increase speed to medium-high and beat until soft peaks form, about 1 minute.
Pause the mixer and add sugar and flavorings if using.
Start the mixer again and beat at medium-high speed for about 2-3 minutes until medium-stiff peaks form.
- I recommend using heavy cream because it has a higher milk-fat content!
- Chill the mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 10 minutes before starting
- A stand mixer works best for this recipe but you could also use a hand mixer.
- Mixing by hand is not recommended!
- Don't add sugar in the beginning!
- Always keep an eye on the cream while beating it so you don't over-beat it.
- Overbeating results in the separation of the cream into butter and liquid.
- Fresh whipped cream is best served the day it is made – it’s not meant to keep for longer-term storage.
- Add more or less sugar depending on the dish the sweetened cream is for. Using two to four tablespoons of sugar per cup of whipping cream adds a perfect sweetness that is not overpowering.
- Keep in mind that whipped cream will melt if you put it on a warm or hot dessert!
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 45mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 875IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 39mg