Air Fryer Baked Potato
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are so fluffy on the inside and have crispy, perfectly seasoned skin. So much better than in the oven or microwave!
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp coarse salt
- oil spray or 1 Tbsp oil
- Sour Cream
- Grated Cheddar
- Chives chopped
- Bacon Pieces
Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees F. Scrub potatoes and lightly pierce with a fork several times.
In a bowl combine water and salt, stir until the salt has dissolved. Toss potatoes in the saltwater until evenly coated.
Place potatoes in the Air Fryer basket and cook for 40-45 minutes (see times for different sizes below). After 30 minutes, spray potatoes with oil spray or brush with oil. Potatoes are done when they reach an internal temperature of 205 degrees F. If you don’t have a thermometer pierce with a fork, they should feel soft on the inside.
Take potatoes out of the Air Fryer and immediately cut skin with a knife in a criss-cross shape or straight so the steam can escape. Serve topped with garnishes.
- Use similar sized potatoes so they are done at the same time
- Russet potatoes work best for baked potatoes, but you can also use Yellow or Red potatoes
- You can also make baked sweet potatoes in the Air Fryer. The preparation and timing are slightly different so check out my Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes recipe.
- I recommend pricking the potatoes with a fork to minimize the risk of them exploding.
- Don't wrap the potatoes in foil! The skin would not crisp up if they are covered in foil.
- If your Air Fryer doesn't have a 400 degree F setting, use the temperature that is closest to 400 degrees F, a bit higher is fine. Cooking time might change slightly.
- Cut the potatoes open immediately after they are done, so the steam can escape, this way they get extra fluffy
- Aim for an internal temperature of 205 degrees Fahrenheit (96 degrees Celsius)
Cooking times for different sizes
Large Potatoes 50-60 min
Medium Potatoes 40-45 min
Small Potatoes 25-30 min
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3500mg | Potassium: 888mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 2mg