Easy Beer Bread
This Beer Bread recipe is easy to make in one bowl and uses only a few simple ingredients to make a hearty, tender quick bread with a delicious crust that is so flavorful!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic powder optional
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme optional
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 12 oz beer
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese or more
- 2 Tbsp water or butter
Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
Sift the flour into a big bowl. Add spices, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
Add honey. Then slowly pour in beer. Use a hand mixer or wooden spoon to mix together until just combined and no flour pockets remain.
Fold in cheese with a spatula then transfer to loaf pan. Pour water on top (or use butter).
Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean with only a few moist crumbs attached.
Remove from pan after 10 minutes and let cool on a cooling rack.
- You can also use 2 cups all-purpose and 1 cup whole wheat flour. But don't use more whole wheat flour
- Sift the flour before adding the other ingredients
- You can use any beer you have on hand. The beer will change the flavor of the bread
- Add 1/4 cup seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, etc.) for a heartier loaf.
- Omit salt and baking powder if using self-rising flour
- Avoid overmixing the batter and transfer immediately to the oven after mixing
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 339mg | Potassium: 218mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 47IU | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 2mg