Balsamic Chickpea Feta Greek Salad is full of flavors and vibrant colors. Ready in less than 5 minutes as a side or main dish!
With so many sweet treats on this blog, I wanted to share this easy Balsamic Chickpea Feta Greek Salad!
We love it as a weekly family side salad, but it also passes sometimes as dinner served with chicken or fresh baked breadsticks. It’s very versatile and so easy to make but full of flavour.
If you have it as a side or you don’t need as much just cut the ingredients in half! My Easy salt-crusted Trouts would be a great main dish with this salad, serve it together with some Breadsticks and you have a great meal full of flavours.
This salad makes a great healthier choice for dinner!
Adding protein rich feta to this salad will boost your protein intake while adding a rich, tangy flavor but without adding many calories. The chickpeas are also a great protein source! Just make sure to rinse and drain your chickpeas with cold water until the water runs clear. You don’t need to skin them.
The Balsamic Dressing is very easy to make. Just mix balsamic vinegar with olive oil and add a few Mediterranean herbs.
I use a screw top jar to mix dressings, just put everything in there, give it a good shake and you have a perfectly blended dressing without having to clean your food processor or blender.
The screw top jar is also great if you make the salad in advance! Don’t add the dressing to the salad in advance. Store dressing and salad separate and when it’s time to eat, add the dressing!
Balsamic Chickpea Feta Greek Salad
For the Salad
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 14 oz can chickpeas, 400g
- 7 oz grape tomatoes, 200g
- 1 cup green olives
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 red onion
- 7 oz feta cheese, 200g
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas until the water runs clean. Halve the tomatoes. Dice the red onion into half rings. Cut the cucumber into bite sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine salad ingredients and crumble the feta on top. Set aside.
- Put all the dressing ingredients into a screw-top jar and shake until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Serve.
Leave a Reply