Curried Cream of Corn Soup
This Cream of Corn Soup is creamy, a little bit spicy, and full of flavor! A simple and satisfying comfort food recipe that is ready in 15 minutes and perfect for cold evenings.
We love to make this easy soup when we are short of time or when we want something really simple to cook after a long day. It’s a very simple dish but it has so much flavor and is a great comfort food. The sweet corn combined with the spicy, warm curry flavor makes this easy dish one of our favorites.
Last week Peter went to the Hannover trade fair and because the hotel prices are really high his company rented an Airbnb. One night he was in charge of cooking and needed something he can make in advance because he didn’t know when his colleagues would come home from the fair.
This soup was a perfect choice! He made it in the evening but his colleagues came home after midnight and it tasted even better than before.
Everybody loved his soup! It doesn’t need an extravagant dish to make everybody happy, sometimes a simple soup with a few slices of tasty bread is exactly what you need after a long day at work.
I’m a big fan of everything you can eat with only a fork or a spoon because of my Netflix addiction. So most weeknight meals in our home a “bowl food”. I love to sit on my sofa with a bowl of my favorite comfort food or a tasty chopped salad and watch my favorite shows. At the moment, I love Food Network Star and Bake Off: Crème de la Crème. I think I need to become a patissier in France!
I envy all of you who have Food Network and Cooking Channel or even BBC.
But every time we watch cooking shows I get hungry – which is a bad thing when you have eaten dinner 20 minutes before. I hope I’m not the only one who has such reactions.
We eat this soup with some freshly toasted Indian Naan Bread or simply with ciabatta or baguette. Sometimes I garnish the soup but let’s be real most of the times I don’t. It tastes great on its own so it’s ok to be lazy!
You can make this soup in advance, just store it in an airtight container in the fridge or if you want to eat it in the next few hours, you can simply cover it and let it sit on the stove.
Curried Cream of Corn Soup
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Curry powder
- 15 oz canned Whole Kernel Sweet Corn
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- Salt and Pepper
- Peel and finely slice the onion into small cubes. Drain the corn in a colander and heat up the olive oil in a medium pot over medium temperature.
- Add the sliced onion and the curry powder to the pot. Give it a good stir so that the onion cubes are all coated with curry. Cook for 1 minute while stirring occasionally until the onion is translucent.
- Add the corn to the onion and sauté for 1 minute. Keep stirring.
- After 1 minute add the chicken broth and the whipping cream. Give it a good stir and let it simmer at medium to low temperature for 10 minutes.
- Season the soup with a little bit salt and pepper to taste. Then pour into a food processor and blend until smooth. Or use an immersion hand blender and blend your soup directly in the pot.
- Serve garnished with chopped up chives and a little bit of yoghurt or whipping cream drizzled over the soup.