These Feta Tomato Bites are the perfect easy-to-make appetizer for your next party! Made with feta cheese, basil, and topped with a tomato these delicious bites are ready in no time and will sure be a crowd pleaser.
These feta tomato bites will impress your guests! Not only are they delicious, but they are also really easy to make. You only need 10-20 minutes to make them!
When I host a party my husband and I often make a variety of little appetizers. They are fun to make and everyone loves to try more than one thing at a party. I often serve one or two dips, like this Smoked Salmon Dip or this Gorgonzola Cream Cheese Spread, and two or three different little bites.
These feta tomato bites are great for a game day party, a birthday celebration, but are also special enough for a wedding or black tie event!
Small snack crackers are best for these because they are exactly one mouthful and make it easy for your guests to eat without making a mess. I always prefer one bite appetizer when I host a party with many guests! No need for plates, napkins will work just fine.
These feta tomato appetizers are not only pretty but they’re also easy and quick to prepare!
To make the feta tomato bites you start with making pesto. This will be the base for the spread. Just whizz the basil, pine nuts, and parmesan cheese together. Add garlic, feta cheese, and some olive oil and you have a delicious pesto spread that also makes a great dip!
Top each cracker with a dollop of pesto spread and garnish with a cherry tomato half and a little basil leave and you’re ready to serve these delicious appetizers!
Feta Tomato Bites
- 3/4 ounce fresh basil
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 12 small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 24 cracker
- Tear the leaves from the basil stalks, keep the small springs for the decoration.
- Put basil leaves with pine nuts, garlic, and parmesan cheese in a food processor and whizz until you have a thick crumbly paste.
- Add feta cheese and olive oil and whizz until you have a thick spread.
- Dollop a spoonful of the feta spread onto each snack cracker and top each one with a cherry tomato half. Garnish with the reserved basil sprigs.
Leave a Reply