This Homemade Raspberry Lemonade is sweet, tangy and so refreshing! An easy simple syrup made from fresh raspberries is the base for this fruity sparkling drink that is perfect for summer entertaining.
This easy lemonade recipe is the perfect non-alcoholic drink for your next party! I love to serve mocktails at parties because adults and children can enjoy them and you don’t get a headache on the next morning. This drink is super easy to prepare, make the simple syrup one day in advance and you just have to combine everything on the next day.
I love everything lemon and raspberry! The flavors go great together in cakes like my Easy Lemon Raspberry Cake or cupcakes like my Raspberry Lemon Curd Cupcakes but also in drinks. This lemonade recipe is made with a homemade raspberry simple syrup and freshly squeezed lemon juice. It’s seriously so delicious!
Make this raspberry lemonade for your next party! Everyone will love it!
How to make Homemade Raspberry Lemonade
Start with the simple syrup. The syrup needs to cool completely and tastes best after sitting in the fridge for a few hours so the flavor can develop. I like to make mine one day in advance so I just have to assemble the lemonade on the day I want to serve it.
You can use fresh or frozen raspberries for this lemonade. I recommend using frozen raspberries to make the syrup. The frozen ones are harvested when they are perfectly ripe and frozen immediately. They’re sweeter and more flavorful than fresh raspberries which often travel long ways until they get to the supermarkets. But if you get your hands on perfectly ripe and sweet fresh raspberries you can use them, too!
When the simple syrup is cooked strain it to get rid of the seeds, then refrigerate it until you’re ready to assemble the raspberry lemonade.
Assembling the raspberry flavored lemonade is very easy and takes only a few minutes. Combine a few fresh raspberries or blackberries and a handful of mint leaves in a large pitcher. Use a muddler to mash the two together to release the flavor of the mint.
Add the other ingredients, garnish with a few mint leaves, lemon slices, and fresh raspberries and serve over ice cubes. So refreshing!
You can use sparkling water to make the lemonade or if you’re like me and have a sweet tooth make your lemonade with sparkling lemonade for an extra flavor kick. I love to use this sparkling lemonade from San Pellegrino. It tastes like summer!
I originally shared this recipe on Tastes of Lizzy T.
Homemade Raspberry Lemonade Recipe
For the Raspberry Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup raspberries frozen or fresh
For the Sparkling Raspberry Mint Lemonade:
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries (or blackberries)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 liter bottle (33.8 ounces) chilled sparkling lemonade or sparkling water
- Fresh raspberries
- Lemon slices
- Mint leaves
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil while stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in frozen or fresh raspberries and return to a boil. Remove from the heat and mash mixture with a fork.
- Drain mixture through a mesh strainer, pressing pulp with a spatula to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard solids and refrigerate syrup for at least 2 hours until cooled.
- In a large pitcher muddle mint and fresh raspberries. Add lemon juice, cooled raspberry simple syrup, and sparkling lemonade for a sweeter taste or sparkling water, and stir to combine. Add enough ice to fill the pitcher.
- Serve garnished with lemon slices, mint leaves, and raspberries.