Easy Lemon Raspberry Cake
This easy Lemon Raspberry Cake is topped with delicious, cookie-like streusel and filled with juicy raspberries! A buttery and moist crumb cake that is perfect for spring and summer and easy to make from scratch. Your guests will be begging you for the recipe!
This Lemon Raspberry Cake is bursting with flavor! A lemon-flavored batter that is so light and fluffy because of the creamed butter is topped with juicy raspberries and a crunchy cookie-like streusel. This raspberry coffee cake is perfect for spring!
I’m a big fan of everything lemon-flavored like this Easy Lemon Sheet Cake Recipe but what’s even better than lemon is lemon combined with sweet, juicy raspberries like in this cake or in my Raspberry Lemon Curd Cupcakes. Lemon and raspberries are a great flavor combination!
And combined with an easy streusel topping this lemon coffee cake is sure to be a crowd-pleaser that not only looks pretty but also tastes SO delicious. You’ll love the cookie-like German streusel on top! This easy coffee cake would make a great dessert for Easter but it’s also perfect for Mother’s Day Brunch or even breakfast.
Tips and Tricks on How to Make the BEST Lemon Raspberry Cake
- If you don’t have a springform pan you could also use a normal pan and these parchment paper rounds with tabs to help you lift your cake easily out.
- For the best flavor use freshly squeezed lemon juice. You need 2 lemons to get 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- It’s easier to use a stand mixer for this cake because the butter and sugar need to be creamed together for several minutes.
- This cake keeps fresh covered at room temperature for about 3 days.
- This recipe works best with fresh preferably room temperature raspberries! Frozen raspberries might work but your cake will take longer in the oven and might not bake through completely. I have tried this recipe with frozen berries and it worked but many readers had problems with using frozen berries so I recommend using fresh raspberries.
- Make your own cake flour at home: Take one level cup of all-purpose flour, remove two tablespoons, and then add two tablespoons of cornstarch back in. Sift the flour to distribute the cornstarch well before adding it.
- Streusels are by far my favorite crumb topping for coffee cake! Especially German Streusel which has a cookie-like texture and is crunchy on the outside but soft where it touches the cake. It’s like combining a cookie and cake. So tasty AND super easy to make! Make sure to follow the instructions because German Streusel has a different texture than American Streusel, you don’t want it to be sandy!
Looking for more Lemon and Raspberry Recipes? Check out these:
- Moist Lemon Cake Recipe
- Copycat Starbucks Raspberry Swirl Pound Cake
- Lemon Mousse Recipe
- Raspberry Muffins with Streusel Topping
Tools/ingredients that I used to make the BEST Lemon cake with raspberry filling
Stand Mixer: Creaming butter and sugar is so easy with a stand mixer. This model is my favorite!
Hand-held mixer: A hand-held mixer is perfect for a small kitchen but you get a little bit of a workout when creaming butter and sugar for several minutes.
Springform Pan: A 9-inch springform pan works best for this recipe!
Want to try this Raspberry Lemon Coffee Cake Recipe?
PIN IT TO YOUR DESSERT BOARD TO SAVE IT OR SHARE ON FACEBOOK!
Follow Plated Cravings on Pinterest for more great recipes!
[social_warfare buttons=”Pinterest, Facebook”]
Easy Lemon Raspberry Cake with Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, from 2 large lemons
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
For the Streusel:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180°C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan with butter and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to the batter and whisk until just combined.
- Add lemon juice and freshly grated lemon zest.
- Pour batter into prepared springform pan and spread evenly. Top with raspberries and spread evenly. The raspberries should be distributed in a single layer so that they are not too crowded.
- To make the streusel, combine flour, sugar, lemon zest, and butter in a bowl. Mix for 2-3 minutes until all the flour is incorporated and the mixture is no longer like sand and more like crumbly dough. Distribute the streusel evenly over the raspberries.
- Bake for about 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake rest for about 15 minutes then remove springform ring and let cool completely.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!