Lemon Mousse is made with only 3 ingredients and can be whipped up in minutes! A tangy and sweet cold summer dessert that will impress your guests and is dangerously delicious, yet SO easy to make from scratch. This easy mousse is perfect for spring and summer days!
This quick and easy Lemon Mousse with lemon curd is a great fresh and bright dessert that is perfect for the warmer months and bursting with summer flavors! Like my Easy Lemon Cream Pie Recipe, this simple recipe is a perfect make-ahead dessert that can be whipped up the day before and then chilled in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.
It’s so light and airy, your guest will love this decadent dessert that tastes like you slaved away for hours in the kitchen, yet it can be made in less than 5 minutes! In my opinion, making a fancy dessert doesn’t need to be difficult. A few simple ingredients and you have a dessert that everyone will love.
The best thing about this mousse besides its deliciousness is that it’s made with simple ingredients. It is made without gelatin and without raw eggs. The lemon curd gives it its lemon flavor and cream makes it fluffy and airy. Just whip everything up and put it in the fridge. So easy! This simple Lemon Curd Mousse is a light and airy treat that would be perfect for any spring or summer occasion like Mother’s Day, Easter, Wedding Showers, or Baby Showers!
Tips and Tricks for Making Lemon Mousse
- To make this easy mousse with lemon curd you need only three ingredients: Heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and Lemon Curd. You can find Lemon Curd at most grocery stores but it’s also easy to make it from scratch (here is my recipe for Easy Lemon Curd).
- To make the mousse whip better it’s best to use really chilled cream. You could also chill your bowl and whisk in the fridge or freezer before you start to make this lemon mousse.
- This recipe makes about 4 x 1/2 cup of mousse per glass which I find enough for a light summer dessert. Serve this lemon mousse chilled straight from the fridge, it tastes best when it is really cold.
- I garnished the mousse with fresh raspberries, mint leaves, and a small lemon slice but you could use any berries or add a whipped cream swirl on top.
- Making this dessert one day in advance is perfect for parties or special occasions. Just chill it in the fridge until you want to enjoy it! This lemon mousse lasts in the fridge for about 2 days.
Looking for more Lemon Recipes?
- Easy Lemon Raspberry Cake
- Raspberry Lemon Curd Cupcakes
- Easy Lemon Sheet Cake Recipe
- Moist Lemon Cake Recipe
- Lemon Puff Pastry Pockets
Tools used to make this Lemon Curd Mousse Recipe
Lemon Curd: Use a good quality Lemon Curd or make your own, it’s super easy! Here is my recipe: Easy Lemon Curd Recipe
Stand Mixer: My most used kitchen appliance and it’s so pretty it can sit on the counter as decoration!
Want to try this Lemon Mousse Recipe?
PIN IT TO YOUR DESSERT BOARD TO SAVE IT OR SHARE ON FACEBOOK!
Follow Plated Cravings on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Lemon Mousse Recipe
Lemon Mousse is made with only 3 ingredients and can be whipped up in minutes! A tangy and sweet cold summer dessert that will impress your guests and is dangerously delicious, yet SO easy to make from scratch. Made without raw eggs or gelatine.
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment combine lemon curd, cold heavy whipping cream, and powdered sugar.
- Whip until stiff, for about 3-5 minutes.
Divide between 4 glasses. Then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!