Last updated on December 31st, 2017
This EASY Lemon Cream Pie is full of lemon flavor and made with only a few ingredients! An easy-to-prep NO-BAKE lemon pie recipe that comes together in minutes and is so delicious.
I’m a bit on a lemon kick lately! Last week I shared this Easy Lemon Raspberry Cake that is topped with delicious streusel and before that Raspberry Lemon Curd Cupcakes and an Easy Lemon Sheet Cake Recipe. I hope you don’t mind my recent lemon addiction but I love all things lemon so much!
This simple NO-BAKE Lemon Cream Pie will be your new favorite easy-to-whip-up pie! Made with only 6 ingredients and 20 minutes of prep time this pie is not only easy to make but also practically fail-proof.
The smooth and creamy texture is to die for! Mascarpone and sweetened condensed milk make this pie super smooth. I prefer mascarpone cheese over cream cheese for creamy pies or cakes like my Easy Banana Cake Recipe because it is more delicate and has a rich, buttery flavor that’s so delicious.
Making this Lemon Cream Pie takes only a few minutes and that includes making the crust from scratch. No need to buy a premade crust! I promise making this 2-ingredient crust will take you less time than going to the grocery store and buying one.
The crumb crust is then topped with a smooth filling that is so easy to make and doesn’t need to be baked. Perfect for hot summer days where you don’t want to use your oven!
This pie is so refreshing, enjoy it with a glass of chilled lemonade for an extra lemon kick or with a glass of my Tropical White Wine Sangria.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON CREAM PIE
To make this creamy lemon pie you need a 7-inch springform pan and a stand mixer (or hand-held mixer). I like to make this no bake pie in a springform pan because it’s easier to get a clean slice. But you could also use a 9-inch pie pan for this recipe or to make it even easier a premade pie crust.
Start with making the crust. Melt the butter in a small saucepan then add the crumbs and stir until they’ve absorbed all the melted butter and are coated evenly. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. I start with a spatula to spread the crumbs evenly and then use a measuring cup. The crust should be firm and compact. I only make a crust bottom but you can also push the crust against the sides if you like.
While the crust is firming up in the fridge make the filling. Beat the mascarpone cheese to soften it then add the sweetened condensed milk slowly. You don’t want to dump the whole can in there at once or you’ll end up with lumps of mascarpone cheese. Keep mixing and add the heavy whipping cream.
The mixture might look a little bit runny, that’s ok. When you start adding the lemon juice it will start to thicken and get creamy. Pour the filling into the prepared pan and refrigerate the pie for about 4 hours or overnight.
Easy Lemon Cream Pie Recipe
This easy no-bake Lemon Cream Pie is full of lemon flavor and made with only a few ingredients! An easy-to-prep lemon pie recipe that comes together in minutes and is super delicious.
- 1/4 cup butter 60g
- 1 1/4 cups crushed graham cracker or digestive biscuits 160g
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk 400g
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese 225g
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream 180ml
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice 120ml, 2-3 large lemons
Line the bottom and the sides of a 7-inch springform pan with parchment paper or use a 9-inch pie plate.
- For the crust, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the crumbs and stir to coat them.
Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.Use a measuring cup to pat down the crumbs. Refrigerate until the filling is ready.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat mascarpone cheese at low-medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk slowly and beat into mascarpone until smooth and well mixed.
- Add the heavy cream and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the lemon juice to the mixture while beating at low-medium speed. The mixture will start to thicken and gets creamy.
Pour into prepared pan and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight until firm.
- To make this recipe easier, you can use a prepared graham cracker pie crust. This recipe makes about 3 1/2 cups of filling.
- In the photos, I pressed the crumbs only into the bottom of the pan, this works but I find it easier and a bit more foolproof to press the crumbs in the bottom AND up the sides if using a springform pan.
- I recommend using freshly squeezed lemon juice for this recipe. Make sure to use 1/2 cup lemon juice. The lemon juice thickens the filling.
- You can prepare this pie in advance and refrigerate covered overnight. Store leftovers in the fridge. The "Cook time" is the time this pie needs to rest in the refrigerator. There is no actual baking involved in this recipe.