This easy Chocolate Mousse recipe is super simple to make from scratch and deliciously light and fluffy. It’s fancy enough for a party but easy enough to make whenever you have a craving for chocolate! An eggless mousse recipe that is so airy and chocolatey and can be enjoyed by everyone.
This eggless chocolate mousse recipe is so easy and quick to make with only a few simple ingredients. Because it is not made with raw eggs it can be enjoyed by everyone and makes a great dessert for a party. It can be made ahead of time and keeps fresh in the fridge for 2-3 days.
This will be the easiest and best chocolate mousse you have ever made at home!
How to make chocolate mousse
Making this chocolate mousse is easy, you don’t need fancy equipment and it is ready to go into the fridge after a few minutes of prep time. Start with chopping the chocolate while heating up the cream. When the cream is boiling pour it over the chocolate, but don’t stir, just let it sit for a few minutes then give it a whisk and refrigerate it for 20 minutes.
Whip up the remaining cream together with a little bit of sugar and vanilla extract. When stiff peaks form, use a spatula to fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Distribute between glasses and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
Tips & Tricks on how to make the perfect eggless Chocolate Mousse at home
- Use quality chocolate! Because this mousse is made with only a few ingredients you will really taste the quality of the ingredients.
- For a rich chocolate flavor use semisweet chocolate. If you prefer a sweeter taste you can use a combination of semisweet and milk chocolate.
- You need heavy cream with 36% or more fat for this dark chocolate mousse recipe to get the best results. Whipping cream with 30% works too, but don’t use half and half. The more fat the cream contains, the more stable it will be when it’s whipped.
- After whisking the chocolate and cream together don’t let the mixture sit in the fridge for longer than 20 minutes or it will be difficult to combine it with the whipped cream.
- The mousse needs about 4-6 hours to set in the fridge depending on the size of the glasses or bowls you use.
- Cover the glasses with plastic wrap before putting them in the fridge. If you’re using smaller glasses put them in a baking dish and cover the dish with plastic wrap so you don’t have to wrap each one individually.
- Garnish the dessert with whipped cream and shaved chocolate, chocolate curls, or mini Oreo cookies. Raspberries would also make a great addition.
Looking for more chocolate dessert recipes? Check out these:
- Chocolate Almond Biscotti Recipe – These cookies taste great with a cup of coffee!
- Chocolate Mousse Cake – This cake is always a hit at parties!
- Double Chocolate Banana Muffins Recipe – Dessert for breakfast
- Dark Chocolate Red Wine Cake – Red wine cake is one of my favorites
Tools/Ingredients I used to make this dark chocolate mousse recipe:
Semisweet Chocolate: This is my favorite chocolate to use for this recipe!
Glasses: These are the glasses that I used.
WANT TO TRY THIS EASY CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR DESSERT BOARD TO SAVE IT OR SHARE ON FACEBOOK!
Follow Plated Cravings on Pinterest for more delicious recipes!
[social_warfare buttons=”Pinterest, Facebook”]
Easy Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup of the heavy cream to a bare simmer. Pour the cream over the chopped chocolate, let sit for 1 minute. Add vanilla extract and a pinch of salt, then whisk until smooth. Cover and chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes to cool.
- Beat 2 cups heavy cream and powdered sugar in a medium bowl with a hand mixer or stand mixer on medium-high speed to stiff peaks, about 3 minutes. Put 1/2 of the whipped cream in a container and store in the fridge until needed for decorating.
- Give the chocolate mixture a whisk then fold it into the remaining whipped cream with a silicone spatula until no streaks remain.
- Distribute between glasses or bowls and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with whipped cream and serve.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!