No Bake Key Lime Pie is a delicious, easy summer dessert made with only a few, simple ingredients! An easy-to-prep NO-BAKE lime cake recipe that is perfect for when you just CANNOT turn your oven on in the summertime.
No Bake Key Lime Pie is one of my favorite summer desserts! It requires only a few ingredients and is simple to throw together in minutes. You’ll want to keep this easy no bake recipe on file for summer parties for sure!
I love that I can make this Key Lime Cream Pie several days in advance and store it in the freezer. Perfect for parties when you have to prep many dishes! I just let the pie thaw for about 20 minutes to return to its perfect creamy texture, garnish it with fresh whipped cream, and serve it. Who doesn’t love a cold, refreshing dessert on a hot summer day?!
Whipped Key Lime Pie is perfect when you don’t want to turn the oven on! It’s cold, creamy, and so delicious. A perfect summer dessert!
Tips and Tricks for Making this No Bake Key Lime Pie
- Freshly squeezed key lime juice is obviously the best choice for this recipe! But you will need about 20 key limes to get 1/2 cup of juice. You can also use bottled key lime juice or the freshly squeezed juice of 4-6 ‘regular’ limes. I promise this lime pie will taste great even without key limes!
- You can add 2 tsp finely grated lime zest to the filling if you like the texture in the filling. Use organic limes that are not waxed or treated with chemicals, the treated ones taste bitter.
- You can also make this recipe in a 7 or 8-inch springform pan. I find it easier to make pretty slices when I use a springform pan. Make sure to press the crumb mixture up the sides of the springform pan.
- To make this recipe even easier, use a prepared 9-inch graham cracker pie crust.
- If you can’t find graham crackers you can also use the same amount of digestive biscuits (UK) or Vollkorn-Butterkekse (Germany).
- Short cut: This recipe also works if you don’t whip the heavy cream first. Just add the liquid heavy cream in step 5. I prefer to whip it first when I use a springform pan because the chilled pie seems to hold its shape better when the cream was whipped first especially on hot days.
Looking for more No Bake Dessert Recipes?
- Easy Lemon Cream Pie Recipe: A creamy and smooth lemon no bake dessert similar to this Lime Pie.
- Easy Lemon Curd Mousse: You only need 3 INGREDIENTS for this flavorful Lemon Curd Mousse!
- Chocolate Mousse Cake: This recipe is every chocolate lover’s dream!
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Parfaits: A no bake cheesecake dessert served in individual glasses.
- Strawberry Tiramisu: A summer version of the traditional Italian dessert, that everyone can enjoy (egg-free, alcohol-free. coffee-free)
Tools used in the making of this No Bake Key Lime Pie
Key Lime Juice: This one is 100% Key lime juice with no preservatives and always gets great reviews!
Pie dish: This is my everyday pie dish but if I want to use a fancier one this one is my go-to pie dish for guests.
Springform Pan: This 7-inch springform pan is perfect for this pie and all kinds of cheesecakes! It also fits into the Instant Pot.
Grater: This is my favorite tool to zest citrus fruits and to finely grate parmesan cheese! It’s super sharp and easy to clean.
Hand mixer: If you have problems with whipping cream try using a hand mixer. I prefer to use this one instead of my stand mixer to whip cream because I have more control and don’t overwhip the cream.
No Bake Key Lime Pie
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese or cream cheese
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- In a medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Stir until combined then press tightly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie dish. Chill the crust for 30 minutes or longer.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment whip up the heavy cream until stiff, then transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat mascarpone cheese (or cream cheese) at low-medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk slowly then beat until smooth and well mixed.
- Add the whipped cream and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the key lime juice to the mixture while beating at low-medium speed. The mixture will start to thicken and to get creamy.
- Pour into prepared pie dish and refrigerate for about 4 hours or overnight until firm.
- Garnish as desired (I used whipped cream and lime slices). Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.