Instant Pot Chicken Chili is so easy and quick to make but loaded with flavor! This easy pressure cooker recipe comes together in minutes and makes a delicious weeknight dinner that your whole family will love. A healthy recipe that can be made with frozen chicken and pantry staples!
Instant Pot Chicken Chili with beans and corn is one of the easiest and most delicious recipes you can cook in your electric pressure cooker. This chili recipe is the perfect One Pot meal for weeknights or when you’re craving something comforting and easy that you can make in about 30 minutes from start to finish.
The best thing about this simple and flavorful recipe is that it works with fresh and frozen whole chicken breasts. This makes it super easy to through together in no time! Most of the time I use frozen chicken for this recipe and nobody notices the difference.
This chicken chili recipe does not get any easier! I love that you can just dump everything into the Instant Pot and cook it all together in less than 30 minutes. Perfect for busy nights! Serve it with some cornbread or crushed tortilla chips and you have a meal that the whole family will love.
Tips and Tricks for making the BEST Instant Pot Chicken Chili
- You can make this recipe with fresh or frozen whole chicken breasts. Frozen chicken breast a great to have on hand for quick Instant Pot Recipes, you don’t need to thaw them before adding them to the pot and you won’t taste a difference!
- Use quality meat, preferably organic, for the best flavor.
- Instead of canned kidney beans, you can also use canned black beans or one can of each.
- For more flavor, you can saute the onion and garlic in a little bit of olive oil before adding the other ingredients. But if you’re short on time just skip this step, you won’t notice much of a difference.
- You can add more chili powder or 1-2 chilies in adobo sauce if you like it spicy.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 5-10 minutes then do a quick release.
- Shred the chicken with two forks or use your KitchenAid. Turn your stand mixer on at about a 2 speed for about 30 seconds. Keep an eye on it because the cooked chicken shreds very quickly!
- You could also make this recipe in a Crock Pot if you don’t own an Instant Pot. Add all the ingredients except the cream cheese into the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours. Shred the chicken and stir in the cream cheese.
Toppings and Sides for Chicken Chili
- Stir 4 oz cream cheese into the cooked chili for a creamy texture. SO delicious!
- Serve it with sour cream on top
- Top with avocado, grated cheddar cheese, fresh cilantro, and/or crushed tortilla chips
- Serve with cornbread or quesadillas on the side
Looking for more easy Instant Pot Recipes?
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes – perfect for holiday dinners!
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup with Vegetables – healthy and very flavorful!
- Instant Pot Chili Recipe – my most popular Instant Pot recipe!
- Instant Pot Carrot Soup Recipe – a quick and delicious soup made with coconut milk!
- Easy Instant Pot Irish Stew – super tender and so flavorful!
Tools/ingredients that I used to make the Best Instant Pot Chicken Chili Recipe:
Instant Pot: This is the model I use and love. The size is perfect for a family of 4. It makes weeknight meals so much easier!
Want to try this Pressure Cooker Chicken Chili Recipe?
PIN IT TO YOUR DINNER BOARD TO SAVE IT OR SHARE ON FACEBOOK!
Follow Plated Cravings on Pinterest for more great recipes!
[social_warfare buttons=”Pinterest, Facebook”]
Instant Pot Chicken Chili
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 14 oz can kidney beans, drained
- 14 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 dried chilies, diced (optional)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 chicken breasts, frozen or fresh
- 14 oz can corn, drained
- 4 oz cream cheese, optional
- Put everything except the chicken, the corn, and the cream cheese into the Instant Pot. Stir until combined then add the chicken breasts.
- Close the pressure cooker and set the valve to seal. Change the setting to manual and adjust the time to 13 minutes on High Pressure.
- Once the timer is up and the Instant Pot beeps, let pressure release naturally for 5-10 minutes then do a quick release, by changing the position of the valve to vent. Carefully remove the lid.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred. Press saute button. Add corn and shredded chicken back into the pot and stir, cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in cream cheese if using and serve.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!