Pear & Gorgonzola Mini Tartlets – a quick and easy appetizer for your next party with sweet pears and creamy blue cheese! Easy enough to make for surprise guests or date night yet special enough for parties.
One of my favorite flavor combinations is cheese and fruit! Gouda and grape skewers, baked brie topped with cranberries, or a simple cheese platter with some fruit chutneys make my heart beat faster.
And these Pear & Gorgonzola Mini-Tartlets are no exception! They’re the perfect combination of sweet fruit and savory cheese and they’re so easy to make.
You only need a few ingredients to make these delicious appetizers that every cheese lover will love!
Using puff pastry is a great way to make some easy snacks or appetizers for parties that look impressive but only take a few minutes to whip up. My Lemon Puff Pastry Pockets, Spinach Ricotta Puff Pastry Parcels, and these Mini Gorgonzola Tarts are all quick to make yet so delicious.
They taste great warm out of the oven but are also perfect to make a few hours in advance and serve at room temperature. But you could also reheat them a little bit in the oven. They are delicious either way!
To make these mini tarts you need some thawed puff pastry sheets. Cut them into squares, you can make the squares as big or as small as you like, run a knife along the edges but don’t cut through. This will help the edges to puff up.
Fill the squares with chopped pears, walnuts, and gorgonzola cheese, brush the edges with egg wash and your work is done!
After baking for 20 minutes you’ll have delicious Gorgonzola Mini Tartlets with puffy, golden brown edges and a melted cheese filling. Now it’s time to top every square with a bit of lingonberry jam or cranberry sauce. Enjoy!
Pear & Gorgonzola Mini Tartlets
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1-2 pears
- ¾ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tbsp walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup lingonberry jam or cranberry sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each puff pastry sheets into 4-6 equal squares and transfer to the baking sheet.
- Score a ⅔ inch / 1.5cm border around each square but don't cut completely through the puff pastry.
- Peel the pear, cut it into quarters, remove the core and chop the quarters into little cubes.
- Divide the pear cubes, crumbled blue cheese (I use gorgonzola) and chopped walnuts between the puff pastry squares, staying within the border.
- Brush the border of the pastries with egg wash and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the tarts from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes. Top with a little bit of lingonberry jam before serving.
This post was originally published in December 2015 but the photos and recipe were updated in January 2017.