This post may contain affiliate links.Please read our disclosure policy.
Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie is so creamy, thick, and delicious! A filling frozen fruit smoothie that tastes great for breakfast but also makes a tasty and healthy snack in the afternoon. Made with frozen strawberries, bananas, and yogurt, this refreshing drink recipe is my favorite easy go-to breakfast in the summer!
This easy Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe is made with frozen fruits and is so creamy and delicious! My family loves this easy breakfast recipe that can be made in minutes and is perfect for hot summer days when you are craving something light and refreshing.
Banana and strawberry are one of my favorite fruity flavor combinations. The banana makes the smoothie super creamy and the frozen strawberries keep it ice cold. I always have a big bag of frozen strawberries in the freezer to make a quick smoothie or ice cream!
Making a smoothie with frozen fruit is super easy, all you need is a quality blender and you get a frosty and smooth drink that tastes like a decadent milkshake but is made without refined sugar and loaded with nutrients and protein. This easy strawberry banana smoothie recipe is creamy without added cream and sweet without the sugar, a perfect healthier breakfast! You have to try it!!
Tips and Tricks for how to make a strawberry banana smoothie
- Use your favorite milk for this recipe, I use whole milk because that’s what I always have on hand but you can also use low-fat milk or non-dairy milk like almond milk.
- Instead of using a plain yogurt you can also use a strawberry, vanilla, or banana flavored yogurt or greek yogurt.
- You can either add the ice cubes to the blender with all the other ingredients or put them in a glass and serve the smoothie over ice.
- Frozen strawberries work best in smoothies because they are frozen perfectly ripe and make the smoothie thick and frosty.
- The banana should be ripe and have a few brown spots. Ripe bananas are sweeter so you don’t have to add extra sweetener to the smoothie. If your banana isn’t as ripe as it should be you can add a little bit of honey or maple syrup.
- This recipe makes two big glasses but you can also double the recipe. Just make sure not to overfill your blender!
Is a strawberry and banana smoothie good for you?
Yes, this healthy strawberry banana smoothie is definitely a good choice if you want to eat healthier. It would make a great breakfast that is filling but only has about 250 calories for a big glass. Many other recipes add sugar to fruit smoothies but because fruits are already sweet it’s better for your health to omit the additional sugar. This smoothie is low in fat and high in protein especially if you use greek yogurt.
Looking for more easy and healthy breakfast ideas? Check out these:
- Vegan Breakfast Mango Rice Pudding with Coconut
- Strawberry Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Coconut Water Smoothie
- Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Skinny Oatmeal Apricot Muffins
Tools and Ingredients used to make this Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Mason Jars: These are my favorite glasses to serve smoothies!
Mason Jar Lids: These lids fit perfectly onto the Mason Bell Jars and come with matching reusable, silicone straws!
Blender: This blender is perfect to make smoothies, it is really powerful and guarantees a smooth texture!
Want to try this easy Strawberry and Banana Smoothie Recipe?
PIN IT TO YOUR BAKING BOARD TO SAVE IT OR SHARE ON FACEBOOK!
Follow Plated Cravings on Pinterest for more great recipes!
[social_warfare buttons=”Pinterest, Facebook”]
Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 large banana, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Honey , or Maple Syrup (optional)
- 10 ice cubes
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender.
- Cover and process for 45 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!