Spinach Wrap with Feta and Chickpeas makes the perfect midweek meal. The wraps are filled with feta spread, healthy chickpeas, and spinach. A great vegetarian dish which is ready in 15 minutes! Perfect to enjoy every day of the week and so easy to make.
We love everything in wrap form because you can eat it with your hands. Most of the time we eat in front of the TV, it’s a really bad habit, but I don’t have the willpower to change it and so everything which can be eaten with one hand or a fork is a winner for us.
In the last weeks Peter, my husband, developed a taste for chickpeas and now I’m experimenting to incorporate them more into our meals (have a look at my Chickpea Curry with Lime Rice Recipe). Chickpeas are a healthy and tasty addition to your diet, they are naturally low in fat, high in dietary fiber and rich in vitamins and minerals.
For this recipe, you can also use smaller tortillas and make Chickpea Tacos or make your own Tortillas.
The first layer of my Spinach Wrap is a feta yogurt mix. I love Feta, Feta is Greek for “slice”, it’s a white brined cheese and the texture is slightly grainy.
The real kind is made from sheep milk and is much better than those who are made with cows milk. I recommend you buy the real one, you won’t regret it. I use feta for many things! You can make an Easy 1-Minute Feta Cheese Dip or add it to a salad like in my Spicy Mango Feta Mache Salad or in my Balsamic Chickpea Feta Greek Salad.
You see I’m a big feta fan and always have one or two packets in my fridge because the unopened packet keeps fresh for months!
Spinach Wrap with Feta and Chickpeas
- 15 oz can Chickpeas, Garbanzo Beans
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 shallots
- 1 tbsp chopped Parsley
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 organic lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 8 oz Feta Cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped Cilantro
- 8 oz Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 4 6-inch Tortillas
- Drain the Chickpeas. Peel and finely dice the garlic clove and the shallots. Wash the tomatoes and dice them into small pieces.
- Heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and saute the shallots and garlic for a few minutes. Add Chickpeas, lemon peel and juice - let everything heat up. Remove from heat and mix in tomatoes and finely chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Crumble the feta cheese into a bowl, mix with finely chopped cilantro and yogurt. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Heat up the tortillas according to package instructions.
- Spread the feta mixture evenly on the tortilla wrap. First, arrange the spinach leaves on top, then add few spoons of chickpea mix. Roll up and serve!