Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta is an easy weeknight meal that is ready in less than 30 minutes! A delicious, creamy white wine sauce loaded with mushrooms and tender chicken.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta is one of our favorite meals because it’s so easy and quick to make from scratch. Simple ingredients make this dish a budget-friendly weeknight dinner but it also makes a delicious meal for date nights. White wine gives the sauce a flavor kick and heavy cream makes it rich, creamy, and comforting.
I probably love to cook with wine as much as I like to drink it! Wine adds so much deliciousness and the alcohol evaporates during cooking. You only need half a cup of white wine for the sauce so there is plenty leftover for you to enjoy with your dinner. The white wine sauce is so creamy and flavorful, you won’t regret adding a little bit of your favorite white wine.
This easy chicken in white wine sauce with mushrooms will sure become a family favorite! Serve it over a bed of freshly cooked pasta for easily one of the tastiest meals you’ll ever make.
Julia’s Tips and Tricks for making Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta
- If you don’t like or can’t consume white wine you can use more chicken stock instead.
- Choose a large heavy skillet that is the right size for the amount of chicken you have. The skillet shouldn’t be too small because we want the chicken to brown and not steam.
- Fresh mushrooms work best for this recipe! They hold their shape and add some nice texture and color to the sauce. I haven’t tried this recipe with canned mushrooms because my husband hates them but if you need a shortcut or don’t want to leave the house to buy fresh ones you could try it.
- To clean the mushrooms you can give them a shower, but don’t let them soak. It’s totally ok (and much easier) to wash them and the amount of water they absorb is totally negligible. Pat them dry after washing and you’re good to go!
- This chicken mushroom white wine sauce for pasta would also taste great with rice. I also often serve it straight up with rustic bread – so easy but so delicious!
Looking for more easy weeknight dinners?
- General Tso’s Chicken
- Instant Pot Chili Recipe
- Italian Baked Eggs and Meatballs
- Saffron Shrimp Risotto
- Quick Bacon Potato Soup
Tools used for making this Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta
Pan: A heavy stainless steel skillet like this one works best for this recipe! You can also use a cast iron skillet, this is the one I use and love, it’s super affordable and so versatile.
Chicken Stock: I always use this chicken stock when I only need a small amount. It’s also great for seasoning sauces or soups and you can make it as strong as you want. When I need a larger amount I usually use this concentrated chicken stock, it saves so much pantry space and 1 tub make 3 1/2 cups broth.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms (8 oz)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 3 tsp water
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh or frozen parsley
- In a large skillet heat 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp butter together at medium-high temperature. Season the thinly sliced chicken with salt and pepper. Fry chicken until browned and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and take out of the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add 1 tbsp oil and cook the onion until lightly browned. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add white wine to the pan and let simmer until reduced by half.
- Add chicken stock and cream. In a small bowl combine corn starch and water. Stir until combined then add to the sauce. Bring to a boil and let simmer without a lid at high heat for about 2-3 minutes to reduce and thicken.
- Add back the cooked chicken and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Stir in parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over pasta.
WANT TO TRY THIS CREAMY MUSHROOM CHICKEN PASTA?
PIN IT TO YOUR DINNER OR RECIPES BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!