Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies have a crunchy pretzel crust and are made with Nutella! These are not your ordinary brownies, they are chewy, salty, sweet, chocolatey, and crunchy!
These Nutella brownies have everything I love in them! They are sweet and salty, have a crunchy bottom, and a sweet chewy top. AND they’re made with NUTELLA!!!
Nutella is definitely one of the best things ever invented (perhaps it’s also on the list of worst things ever invented – my favorite pair of jeans who sadly doesn’t fit at the moment is proof for that :-( ). I have a big sweet tooth and Nutella is one thing we always have at home.
Adding Nutella is a great way to add some chocolatey hazelnut flavor to your favorite treats. Like in my Nutella Brownies or in my delicious Banana Nutella Muffins.
For these Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies, I went a bit overboard. But if you know me you know that I get bored with only one flavor. I’m not the biggest fan of normal brownies, a few bites and I have enough.
Strange but true!
So I combined 3 different layers into one brownie to make things interesting for my taste buds:
- A crunchy salty and a little bit sweet pretzel crust.
- A chewy Nutella Brownie which is really easy to throw together and would also make a great brownie without the other two layers.
- Salted caramel sauce swirled into the brownie batter.
This recipe is perfect if you crave chocolate but also something salty. Perfect for me! (And if you crave coffee I recommend my Cold Brew Coffee Brownies, they are a bit fudgier with lots of coffee flavor!)
And now I’m hungry! I think I have to take one slice out of the freezer (that’s my portion control, freezing all the treats I make, otherwise my yoga pants wouldn’t fit either).
Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies with Nutella
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cup crushed pretzels, (100g)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (55g)
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
For the brownies:
- 1 cup Nutella, (290g)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, (65g)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the topping:
- 4 Tbsp caramel sauce
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C) and line a 9x9-inch pan with two overlapping parchment paper strips that hang over the sides to make getting the brownies out of the pan easier.
- In a small bowl mix crushed pretzels, sugar, and butter together. Press the pretzel mixture into the bottom of your pan. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add all the ingredients for the brownies. Mix at medium speed until well combined, don't overmix.
- Spread the brownie batter on top of the pretzel crust.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the batter and use a fork to make some swirls. Sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until a skewer comes out clean with only a few moist crumbs attached. Let the brownies completely cool down before cutting into squares.
Azlin Bloor says
Haha, the title says it all, I guess! I don’t even need to look at the recipe, my tastebuds are working overtime with all those sensations I’m imagining! Fab recipe!
Thank you, Azlin!
sue | theviewfromgreatisland says
I think you’ve hit every one of my guilty pleasures in this recipe — bravo! I think I want that pretzel crust on all my desserts from now on :)
Oh yes, pretzel crust on everything, please! :-)
Lisa | Garlic + Zest says
These brownies are over-the-top! I rarely make brownies — because we’ll EAT them, and I’m afraid these wouldn’t last one evening in our house!
I have the same problem :-) I can’t stop myself if there are delicious brownies in the house. I have to eat them!
Liz Cleland says
I never thought to use Nutella in my brownies. What have I been missing all these years??? Excited to try these at our weekend reunion coming up!
I love making brownies with Nutella, it’s so easy! I hope you like them as much as I do, Liz!
Sarah @ Champagne Tastes says
Oh my goodness.. NUTELLA ALL THE THINGS!!! This is the most delicious sounding thing I’ve seen all day. I need one of these right now lol.
Thank you, Sarah! Nutella is the best :-)