Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies have a crunchy pretzel crust and are made with Nutella! These are not your ordinary brownies, they are chewy, salty, sweet, chocolatey, and crunchy!
These Nutella brownies have everything I love in them! They are sweet and salty, have a crunchy bottom, and a sweet chewy top. AND they’re made with NUTELLA!!!
Nutella is definitely one of the best things ever invented (perhaps it’s also on the list of worst things ever invented – my favorite pair of jeans who sadly doesn’t fit at the moment is proof for that :-( ). I have a big sweet tooth and Nutella is one thing we always have at home.
For these Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies, I went a bit overboard. But if you know me you know that I get bored with only one flavor. I’m not the biggest fan of normal brownies, a few bites and I have enough.
Strange but true!
So I combined 3 different layers into one brownie to make things interesting for my taste buds:
- A crunchy salty and a little bit sweet pretzel crust.
- A chewy Nutella Brownie which is really easy to throw together and would also make a great brownie without the other two layers.
- Salted caramel sauce swirled into the brownie batter.
This recipe is perfect if you crave chocolate but also something salty. Perfect for me! (And if you crave coffee I recommend my Cold Brew Coffee Brownies, they are a bit more fudgy with lots of coffee flavor!)
And now I’m hungry! I think I have to take one slice out of the freezer (that’s my portion control, freezing all the treats I make, otherwise my yoga pants wouldn’t fit either).
Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies with Nutella
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cup crushed pretzels (100g)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature (55g)
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
For the brownies:
- 1 cup Nutella (290g)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (65g)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the topping:
- 4 Tbsp caramel sauce
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C) and line a 9x9-inch pan with two overlapping parchment paper strips that hang over the sides to make getting the brownies out of the pan easier.
- In a small bowl mix crushed pretzels, sugar, and butter together. Press the pretzel mixture into the bottom of your pan. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add all the ingredients for the brownies. Mix at medium speed until well combined, don't overmix.
- Spread the brownie batter on top of the pretzel crust.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the batter and use a fork to make some swirls. Sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until a skewer comes out clean with only a few moist crumbs attached. Let the brownies completely cool down before cutting into squares.