Chestnut Soup with Truffle Froth
Chestnut Soup with truffle froth is an easy-to-make winter soup that is a great addition to every holiday dinner! This comforting soup is made with roasted whole chestnuts and tastes hearty and delicious.
Chestnut Soup with Truffle Froth is so easy to make and tastes so comforting! If you like chestnuts you’ll love this soup!
Chestnuts roasting on an open fire… actually mine were already peeled and roasted. The holidays shouldn’t be stressful, but we all know how it is. So for all of you, who are like me and want to make something really special for your Christmas Dinner, here is the perfect soup that is easy and fast to make but tastes so delicious with the truffle froth on top.
You can easily make this soup in advance, but the truffle froth has to be fresh because otherwise it won’t be foamy and then you have truffle milk – not too bad, but froth looks ten times better.
Fast recipes who have a touch of haute cuisine are my favorite for such occasions. Don’t get me wrong, I love recipes which challenge me and my cooking skills, but Christmas is often stressful enough: Having the right presents for everyone, buying groceries in an overcrowded supermarket, icy roads, giving everyone attention and the pressure to get in a holiday mood.
I think a relaxed and easy menu with a little twist (to show your mother in law your cooking skills :-)) is a much better option than being stressed about a tricky recipe.
I must at the moment I’m quite stressed about Christmas … because it comes to fast. Since September I wished for this season and now as December is finally here I can’t quite feel the holiday spirit.
Perhaps I’m pressuring myself too much? I think I have to make me a cup of hot cocoa and listen to “Last Christmas”.
What are your favorite holiday traditions which get you into the spirit of Christmas?
Looking for more comforting soup recipes?
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
- Instant Pot Carrot Soup Recipe
- Curried Cream of Corn Soup
- Roasted Tomato Soup
Tools and Ingredients used for making this soup
Roasted Chestnuts: These chestnuts have been already roasted and peeled.
Immersion Blender: I love my immersion blender! You can puree soups right in the pot and it is easy to clean and store.
Milk Frother: This handheld milk frother makes the perfect milk froth, great for coffee, hot chocolate or for this soup.
[social_warfare buttons=”Pinterest, Facebook”]
Chestnut Soup with Truffle Froth
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 medium shallots, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 5.2 oz roasted whole Chestnuts, peeled (150g)
- 2 cups chicken broth, (480ml)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, (120ml)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
For the truffle froth:
- 1/2 cup whole milk, (120ml)
- 1/2-1 tsp truffle oil
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallots and saute until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for one more minute. Then add chestnuts to the pan and fry for 1 minutes at medium-high heat.
- Add chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and let cook until chestnuts are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender, add the heavy cream and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the truffle froth, heat the milk in a small saucepan then froth it with a froth maker. Season with truffle oil to taste.
- Season the soup with salt, pepper, and a cayenne pepper.
- Serve the soup with the froth spooned on top.