Fresh Strawberry Pie without Jello is bursting with natural flavor and so easy and quick to make from scratch. This simple but so delicious dessert recipe is always a hit especially when served with a big dollop of whipped cream on top!
Fresh Strawberry Pie without Jello is so easy to make from scratch and tastes amazingly flavorful. This pie recipe is perfect for summer because it can be made without turning the oven on. You can use a store-bought pie crust or a no-bake graham cracker crust as a base (or go the fancy route and make your own pie crust).
My homemade Strawberry Pie is loaded with juicy, fresh strawberries and made with a strawberry glaze that is made without gelatin. Making a glaze without Jello lets the natural flavor of the strawberries be the star!
This Fresh Strawberry Pie is the perfect spring and summer dessert made with simple ingredients! Top it with a big dollop of whipped cream and you have an easy dessert that everyone will love.
Tips and Tricks for Making the Best Fresh Strawberry Pie
- I used a homemade pie crust for this recipe but you can also use a Graham Cracker Crust or a store-bought pie crust to save time.
- For the best flavor, use fresh, high-quality strawberries. The strawberries are the star of this recipe so look for the freshest strawberries you can find that don’t have any bruises or discoloration.
- This pie tastes best on the same day! The longer it sits the higher the risk of the juicy strawberries making the pie crust soggy. See my tips for avoiding a soggy crust below!
- Make sure to stir the cornstarch mixture continuously for 2-3 minutes until it is thick and translucent. You don’t want it to be clumpy.
- This pie won’t be as sturdy because it is made without gelatin but it will not ooze all over after cutting if you keep it refrigerated and serve it straight from the fridge.
- Don’t forget the whipped cream! Strawberries and cream are a match made in heaven!!
Try this trick to avoid a soggy bottom pie crust
To avoid a soggy pie crust you can seal the crust by painting melted chocolate in the bottom and inside of cooled pie crust. Place the crust in the freezer to set the chocolate before adding the strawberries.
Looking for more Strawberry recipes? Try these reader favorites!
- Easy Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Homemade Strawberry Cake
- Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake
- Strawberry Tiramisu
- Strawberry Baked Oatmeal Cups
Tools used for making this Homemade Strawberry Pie
Pie Dish: This is my everyday pie dish but if I want to use a fancier one this is my go-to pie dish for guests.
Strawberry Huller: This little tool makes hulling strawberries super easy and it’s safe for kids. It works best on medium and larger strawberries.
Hand Mixer: If you have problems with whipping cream try using a hand mixer. I prefer to use this one instead of my stand mixer to whip cream because I have more control and don’t over-whip the cream.
Want to try this easy Strawberry Pie Recipe?
PIN IT TO YOUR PIE BOARD TO SAVE IT OR SHARE ON FACEBOOK!
Follow Plated Cravings on Pinterest for more great recipes!
[social_warfare buttons=”Pinterest, Facebook”]
Fresh Strawberry Pie
For the strawberry pie
- 6 cups strawberries, hulled
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 9-inch pie crust, baked
For the whipped cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Mash 1 cup strawberries with a fork or in a food processor and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water and mashed strawberries.
- Bring to a boil over medium temperature, stirring constantly. Let the mixture boil and stir for 3 more minutes until thick and translucent. Set aside and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, arrange remaining strawberries in the pie crust. Cut some of the berries in half to make them fit better.
- Pour cooled glaze over the strawberries. Make sure that all the berries are coated with the glaze and no dry spots remain. Chill pie for 2-3 hours until set.
- Combine heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. Whip at medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Serve pie with whipped cream.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Recipe originally posted on The Slow Roasted Italian