Heart-Shaped Palmiers Recipe
These heart-shaped Palmiers are made with only two ingredients! A French cookie recipe that’s special enough for Valentine’s Day but easy enough for every day. These puff pastry cookies are loved by kids and adults alike!
These little heart-shaped Palmiers make a great edible gift for Valentin’s day but they are so quick and easy to make you could also serve them to surprise guests! I always have some frozen puff pastry at home for these occasions.
Making puff pastry from scratch is quite difficult and time-consuming, but luckily you can buy it frozen or refrigerated at your supermarket. You can use puff pastry for sweet and for savory recipes. That’s what I really like about it.
Tips and Tricks for making Palmiers with Jam
- If you use frozen puff pastry make sure that the dough is completely defrosted (overnight in the refrigerator if possible). You do that because the little ice crystals inside the puff pastry would prevent that the pastry gets puffy.
- The puff pastry should be defrosted but still cold!
- If the dough starts to get sticky or really soft, pop the dough back in the refrigerator to allow the butter in the dough to chill so it’s easier to work with.
- You can use your favorite seedless jam for this recipe.
Looking for more easy Puff Pastry recipes?
- Lemon Puff Pastry Pockets
- Bacon & Cheese Puff Pastry Twists
- Spinach Ricotta Puff Pastry Parcels
- Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
- Pear & Gorgonzola Mini Tartlets Recipe
WANT TO TRY THIS PALMIERS RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR DESSERT BOARD TO SAVE IT OR SHARE ON FACEBOOK!
Follow Plated Cravings on Pinterest for more delicious recipes!
[social_warfare buttons=”Pinterest, Facebook”]
Heart Shaped Palmiers
- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet, thawed
- 5 tbsp Strawberry Jam
- Unfold the defrosted (but still refrigerator cold) puff pastry sheet on a piece of parchment paper
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet in both directions to create a slightly flatter and even surface
- Evenly cover the surface of the puff pastry with the jam
- Fold the long sides of the puff pastry towards the center so they go halfway to the middle. Fold them again so the two folds meet exactly at the middle of the dough. Then fold 1 half over the other half.
- Put the folded puff pastry in the freezer for 30 minutes to allow the butter to harden before cutting
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Slice the dough into 3/8-inch slices, this should yield approx. 25 hearts
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. The hearts are done baking when they're golden and will continue to harden as they cool
- Transfer hearts to a cooling rack
- Store in an airtight container
You can use a jam of your choice or try Nutella for Chocolate Hearts.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!