Tomato Feta Stuffed French Bread is so easy to make and bursting with fresh flavors! This is the ultimate appetizer for your next party but also perfect for brunch.
Tomato Feta Stuffed French Bread has a crispy exterior and is filled with a delicious feta, tomato, sour cream and egg mixture. This recipe is perfect for entertaining but it also makes a great dinner for two. Just serve it with a bottle of your favorite white wine and you have a perfect date night dinner!
I love Feta cheese! It does not really melt like other cheeses but it gets creamy and so delicious when being baked. This bread boat is stuffed with lots of feta cheese and cherry tomatoes – a perfect flavor combination. And the egg mixture soaks into the bread and bakes up into Strata-like deliciousness.
This stuffed french bread recipe tastes like a combination of quiche and breakfast strata but is so much easier to make! It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and needs only 30 minutes in the oven. A perfect appetizer for any get-together!
Tips and Tricks for making this Stuffed Bread Recipe
- This recipe makes enough for one large French bread loaf or two baguettes.
- Feta cheese is a little on the salty side, so you don’t need to add much salt to the filling. If you don’t like your food salty leave out the extra salt in the filling.
- Make sure that the egg is fully cooked through! A bigger bread might take a few minutes longer in the oven. I always cut larger loaves in half after 30 minutes to see if the egg mixture is cooked and put it back for 5 minutes longer if it looks not done.
- Instead of feta cheese, you could also use the same amount of fresh mozzarella cheese and use basil instead of chives.
- You could prepare all the ingredients in advance but I wouldn’t advise assembling the bread in advance because the egg mixture will make the bread soggy.
Looking for more easy party appetizer? Here are a few of my favorites!
- Feta Tomato Bites: Perfect little bites that look impressive but are super easy to make!
- Cheesy Mexican Toast Cups: A fun party snack made in a muffin tin!
- Tomato Mozzarella Puff Pastry Pizza: You can make a big ‘pizza’ or individual Caprese-topped appetizer.
- Easy Smoked Salmon Dip Recipe: My favorite dip, so easy to make with only a few simple ingredients!
- Gorgonzola Cream Cheese Spread: My husbands favorite! He loves blue cheese.
Tools used for making this Tomato Feta Stuffed Bread
Serrated knife: I love this knife! Perfect for cutting bread and the blade is super sharp even after using it for over 3 years.
Baking sheet: These are my go-to baking sheets! They are sturdy and super affordable.
[social_warfare buttons=”Pinterest, Facebook”]
Tomato Feta Stuffed French Bread
- 1 loaf french bread, or two baguettes
- 8 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp oil or melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large enough baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut a V-shaped section from the top of the bread loaf, this works best with a serrated bread knife. Remove the cut-out bread to form a "boat". The hole should be large enough to hold the filling. Scoop out more bread if needed but stop ½-inch from the bottom of the bread.
- Place the bread on the prepared baking sheet.
- Whisk together the eggs, sour cream, salt, pepper, and chives.
- Evenly distribute the crumbled feta cheese and cherry tomatoes in the bread loaf.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bread loaf. Work slowly so that the filling has time to sink in and doesn't overflow.
- Brush the crust of the bread with oil or melted butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until light golden brown on top and the egg does not "jiggle" when you shake the baguette.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
WANT TO MAKE THIS STUFFED FRENCH BREAD?
PIN IT TO YOUR APPETIZER OR PARTY BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!