Double Chocolate Chip Bread – a rich chocolatey quick bread that every chocolate lover will love! It’s moist and has a deep chocolate flavor. Perfect for dessert AND breakfast!
This Chocolate Chip bread is easy to make and freezes great! Perfect for making ahead and freezing for later. It’s so delicious you won’t believe it’s lightened-up and low in fat.
I’m a big fan of healthier treats especially because I’m a big fan of everything sweet. This Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake is lightened up by using applesauce, yogurt, and honey which make it moist and delicious without sacrificing taste. Like my Skinny Oatmeal Apricot Muffins, this recipe is great for breakfast, as a snack, or for dinner.
Nobody will know that this bread is a skinny Chocolate Chip Bread! And there’s no need to feel guilty for eating a second slice! This bread is really convenient for busy mornings because you can slice it after baking, freeze it, and just take some slices out of the freezer as you need it!
This bread is super easy to make and you don’t even need a mixer! Just mix the wet ingredients with a spatula, then sift the dry ingredients together to avoid cocoa clumps. Next, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, like you do when you’re making muffins. Same concept! Don’t overmix but try to get rid of any flour pockets in the batter.
Then fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula. You can use dark chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips, even chopped chocolate works. Fill the batter into a loaf pan and you’re done! That was easy, wasn’t it?!
This double chocolate loaf cake is perfect for breakfast! No mixer needed, 10 minutes to whip up, and made with easy ingredients you have at home. It’s so moist and soft because of the yogurt and applesauce and keeps fresh for up to 4 days in the fridge.
Double Chocolate Chip Bread
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C) and grease a 9 x 5-Inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the applesauce, brown sugar, honey, yogurt, egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together to avoid clumps. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and slowly stir them together, being careful not to overmix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes in the loaf pan, then transfer to a wire rack.
- This Chocolate Chip Bread tastes best on the second day. Freeze leftovers for up to three months.